KASA (Complete!)

Eeloo-1 & CTV-13 Return: [ I don't know what to put here anymore ]

Spoiler

Ok, please read this: basically, ignore the probes except for Eeloo-1. Really, it's because of time warp and astrogator problems. As you know, I use astrogator. Well, turns out that if you shut down the game and then boot it up again, the time is actually a bit forward in time, which is bad, because it causes me to miss the transfer windows. Arrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeloo had always been a mystery to Kerbal Astronomers. It was too far away to see properly, so it had always mystified Kerbals. Meanwhile, the scientist at the tracking station had noted that an Eeloo transfer window was in 8 days, so a probe was quickly prepared and rolled out on a SLV Heavy.

Spoiler

pCMmDRf.png

0O8HKCA.png

FzIqbLX.png

SyJLbbm.png

jWx80EC.png

Dovx96u.png

8q61s7p.png

VVe29uk.png

idOjari.png

pWIIGFW.png

r6Ke1ZT.png

xMatsZU.png

FRfQqJS.png

YGUsGA0.png

pqOpFmf.png

4obtbuu.png

There was a bit of a problem at fairing separation, but overall, everything went fine. 8 days later, Eeloo-1 got ready for the big burn that would take it to Eeloo.

Spoiler

mv96N5V.png

MmEnOcH.png

53smjTx.png

RxaVOIG.png

xkbPE1b.png

upvP0Fv.png

MVX7Euk.png

The burn went successfully, and 30 days after the escape burn, Eeloo-1 performed a nominal course correction.

Meanwhile, CTV-13, with Jeb, Bob, and Bill on board, got ready to undock and deorbit from Pioneer Station.

Spoiler

1idc74m.png

C4Wk4oc.png

zQpDqBk.png

GcMhit9.png

eoUtVod.png

GA8uPGk.png

LW3OTRC.png

wP7Ijsm.png

osrlzP2.png

jhVPYzA.png

ErM5Zt5.png

1EU7OT5.png

23aHw4l.png

lHQSRS3.png

r8ZhNFN.png

9kMxACl.png

zuRyPI0.png

hPf5kuB.png

DbyGO81.png

NX1k7lk.png

CTV-13 made a perfect splashdown in the middle of the ocean, about 200 km from KSC.

Spoiler

As always, suggestions are appreciated. I'm in the planning stages in a replacement for Pioneer Station, and probably a Mun and Minmus Station. I'm also going to try to make more SSTOs, but I'm not exactly good at it.

7 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Reveal hidden contents

As always, suggestions are appreciated. I'm in the planning stages in a replacement for Pioneer Station, and probably a Mun and Minmus Station. I'm also going to try to make more SSTOs, but I'm not exactly good at it.

maybe you could expand the pioneer station to make it more useful

8 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Yes... but how?

maybe rearrange a few modules of the station and add other modules

7 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

A few leaked photos captured on SPH security cameras:

1wsw4zJ.png

UBsELhO.png

S1D56do.png

e9or1FF.png

Reveal hidden contents

Names! I need names! Each module needs a name, and so does the station.

serial number KASA-SS-3-(insert module serial number)

you were probably going to use that serial number now that i think about it

6 hours ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

maybe rearrange a few modules of the station and add other modules

Nah. I think building a new station from scratch is best. I have an idea for 2 stations in Kerbin Orbit, one a few depot, and the other whatever I want it to be, and 1 station each in Mun and Minmus orbit, to serve as hubs and fueling depots.

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

Well guess what? I was building my Mungate space Station, and the two modules were just about to dock when I accidentally pressed f9 while trying to trigger action group 9. That triggered, and it loaded my last quicksave, which was right before Eeloo-1 was about to make its course correction. AAARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! For the sake of my sanity, I'm just going to cheat it up to orbit.

On 6/11/2020 at 1:45 PM, Misguided_Kerbal said:

No, cheat menu.

oh really

On 4/7/2020 at 4:42 PM, Misguided_Kerbal said:

I'm also playing in sandbox on 1.7. :blush:

the cheat menu got that hyper edit option in 1.9

oh and if you did go to 1.9 and return 1.7 it wouldn't work to get back to 1.7. Trust me, i tried once

19 minutes ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

oh really

the cheat menu got that hyper edit option in 1.9

oh and if you did go to 1.9 and return 1.7 it wouldn't work to get back to 1.7. Trust me, i tried once

Really, I'm just on 1.7 because I want to. And because I hate porting all of the mods over. I could have been on 1.7.3, but again, I hate porting mods.

TBH this is just me acting like the stubborn old man who doesn't embrace new technology ;) :sticktongue:

Spoiler

No I'm not a stubborn old man

Ok, so I finally decided to download 1.9. However, I also found out that there are no visual packs that are updated so far, other than astronomer's, and astronomer's kills my computer. I'll be waiting for either SVE or Spectra to update before I update.

Also @alberro+ I've decided to start a JNSQ game once it updates to 1.9.

If you've been wondering what I've been doing lately (probably not), this is what I've been doing:

4gyhua6.png

I present to you, Mungate station! It will soon be transported to the Mun. Basically, I wanted an easy way to access the mun (Because I want to build a Mun Base!), so I'm building this. It's loosely inspired by NASA's Gateway station. You might notice, it has a centrifuge on it. That's because 1. It looks nice and 2. If kerbals are going to spend a long time away from Kerbin, they should have a centrifuge, right? Anyway, after this, I will [spoiler alert]:

Spoiler

Build a station around Minmus (To be named), build Voyager station (in Kerbin LKO, name thanks to @Kerballing (Got Dunked On)), build a Mun Base, and build a Minmus base. I will also be making a new version of the CTV for trans Munar and Minmus(ar?) transport.

11 minutes ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

the mun station serial number should be KASA-SS-Mu

Kerbal Aeronautics and Space Administration-Space Station-Mun

and replace the Mu with Mm for Minmus

Hey, that sounds like Moo! Space Cows!

Also, I might not be using that idea. Here's why: I may or may not have multiple stations in Mun orbit, so it might be KASA-SS-Mu-1, but I just don't like that. So, for now, it'll just be KASA-SS-3 (Because it is a station, after all).

Also do you guys have any suggestions for the Minmus station (names, abilities, etc.)? I already launched the Mun station (and botched it up). 

12 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Also do you guys have any suggestions for the Minmus station (names, abilities, etc.)? I already launched the Mun station (and botched it up). 

do you remember @Kerballing (Got Dunked On)'s idea for names, he said Voyager and Viking, you chose Voyager for KASA-SS-3 (I think) so for Minmus Viking.

1 hour ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

do you remember @Kerballing (Got Dunked On)'s idea for names, he said Voyager and Viking, you chose Voyager for KASA-SS-3 (I think) so for Minmus Viking.

Yes, so Voyager Station, for the replacement for Pioneer station, then Mungate Station in Mun, and Viking Station for Minmus. Though I don't think Viking Station sounds right. I was saying alternate names.

1 hour ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

This might be a disappointment, but for now I'm just going to terminate Mungate station. It has caused me too much problems, so I'll just reconstruct it in the future.

so you saved it and will just respawn it when you just think you need it in this story of ksp?

3 hours ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

so you saved it and will just respawn it when you just think you need it in this story of ksp?

No, I'm just going to build a new one once I feel like it. Anyways, I've been having some trouble porting KASA over to 1.9. Might try again later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.