[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

4 hours ago, Lewie said:

Really? I could’ve sworn you’ve said you had it...

I could just be crazy, of course.

Maybe you got it confused with OpenTTD? Idk.

3 hours ago, Kane Kerman said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

i haven't seen your presence in discord...

Welp, I'm mostly on, just not saying anything.

1 hour ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I will use the most powerful rocket to get a tiny lander to Duna today! The rocket will be to large but in thrust we trust! And struts we trust and other sayings.

waht

Nate Simpson replied to me!

Spoiler

Most, if not all, of the parts from KSP1 will be finding their way into KSP2. In a few cases, some of the parts don't make as much sense within the new tech progression, and those parts have been omitted. Fortunately, there are many, many new engines. We think you'll be happy with what you can do in the new game. If we discover at some point post-release that an omitted part is problematic for a lot of people, we would of course re-examine that decision. :)

That’s crazy!

Here’s the quote he sent to me!

6 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Most, if not all, of the parts from KSP1 will be finding their way into KSP2. In a few cases, some of the parts don't make as much sense within the new tech progression, and those parts have been omitted. Fortunately, there are many, many new engines. We think you'll be happy with what you can do in the new game. If we discover at some point post-release that an omitted part is problematic for a lot of people, we would of course re-examine that decision. :)

1 minute ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Nate Simpson replied to me!

That's awesome! I wonder what parts where omitted (probably the RCS ones)

HOW TO GET TO DUNA

Duna is the mars of KSP. Duna is a red planet with a thin atmosphere. But when building your rocket you lander should still be heat torrent. Dont underestimate Duna. So if you making a perminet lander, pack a heat shield. Make you rocket. Wait for a Duna transfer window. Duna should be ahead of Kerbin at 45 degrees (you can go whenever but you wasting fuel at that point). You need to get into orbit which will be about 2000 dv to get into orbit and maybe do some Duna encounter munuver burns. Once in orbit make your maneuver on the dark side then drag it out until you get a KERBIN escape. Look and see if the target markers show up. Play with it a bit and see if you get a duna encounter. Then burn for Duna and timwarp to Duna. Along the way you can bring your perreapsis closer to duna to aero brake to get into duna orbit. Once at duna you areobrake or burn retrograde. Then burn retrograde to land on Duna. if you dont want to land with boosters make sure to bring lots of parracutes then. Wait till you landed. Done! Welcome to Duna!!!!

Be careful though Duna moon Ike has a huge gravity well, it could cause trouble, so get out of Ike"s way.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

dv

That means delta v

2 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

HOW TO GET TO DUNA

Duna is the mars of KSP. Duna is a red planet with a thin atmosphere. But when building your rocket you lander should still be heat torrent. Dont underestimate Duna. So if you making a perminet lander, pack a heat shield. Make you rocket. Wait for a Duna transfer window. Duna should be ahead of Kerbin at 45 degrees (you can go whenever but you wasting fuel at that point). You need to get into orbit which will be about 2000 dv to get into orbit and maybe do some Duna encounter munuver burns. Once in orbit make your maneuver on the dark side then drag it out until you get a KERBIN escape. Look and see if the target markers show up. Play with it a bit and see if you get a duna encounter. Then burn for Duna and timwarp to Duna. Along the way you can bring your perreapsis closer to duna to aero brake to get into duna orbit. Once at duna you areobrake or burn retrograde. Then burn retrograde to land on Duna. if you dont want to land with boosters make sure to bring lots of parracutes then. Wait till you landed. Done! Welcome to Duna!!!!

Very easy guide on how to get to Duna, but when I tried following it, a bald Scottish man told me to just watch his videos.