Cannot play older versions of ksp

I’m guessing you’re using steam?
If you’re going back to such an old version, your save games won’t work. Copy those and keep them somewhere else (out of steam’s control) then completely uninstall the game and reinstall version 1.0.5, that might do the trick.

It’s also possible that 1.0.5 isn’t compatible with your machine as it is a very old version. Out of curiosity, why are you trying to install 1.0.5 anyway?

42 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I’m guessing you’re using steam?
If you’re going back to such an old version, your save games won’t work. Copy those and keep them somewhere else (out of steam’s control) then completely uninstall the game and reinstall version 1.0.5, that might do the trick.

It’s also possible that 1.0.5 isn’t compatible with your machine as it is a very old version. Out of curiosity, why are you trying to install 1.0.5 anyway?

Better to just copy the entire current version to a new spot and then delete and reinstall.

That way you can have both versions at the same time.

11 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Better to just copy the entire current version to a new spot and then delete and reinstall.

That’s what I did, I completely removed jsp and reinstalled it in the older version cuz I thought it might break things but it makes me play the new version. Also jimmymcgoochie I want to play that old version because it was the first version I ever played and want to have the nostalgia

Edited by TheOrangeNinja2245

5 hours ago, TheOrangeNinja2245 said:

Anyone have a answer? I still need help

On 5/21/2020 at 6:42 AM, Curveball Anders said:

Move the new install to a new directory where Steam can't mess with it.   Do it for both versions.    Make sure you are launching them directly from the .exe (or associated shortcut) and not from within steam.

20 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Move the new install to a new directory where Steam can't mess with it.   Do it for both versions.    Make sure you are launching them directly from the .exe (or associated shortcut) and not from within steam.

That is what i have been doing. I ran all the exe file from file explorer, even the launcher which said it was version 1.0.5 but it would play version 1.9.1. I also noticed that the download for the normal and the old ksp are the same size.

29 minutes ago, TheOrangeNinja2245 said:

That is what i have been doing. I ran all the exe file from file explorer, even the launcher which said it was version 1.0.5 but it would play version 1.9.1. I also noticed that the download for the normal and the old ksp are the same size.

At this point I think we need screen shots of your directories. It feels to me like you're just missing some detail but we can't figure out what.

18 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

At this point I think we need screen shots of your directories. It feels to me like you're just missing some detail but we can't figure out what.

I don't know why but the old ksp is working because it is a old loading screen however there is a new problem, It stops loading when it gets to "Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairingSize1/fairingSize1"

I would say completely uninstalling KSP and reinstalling it in 1.0.5 if you haven't already done that. Another thing you could try is if you have another computer is to install KSP in 1.0.5 on that computer, put it on a flash drive and then putting it on the computer you play KSP on. That was the extremely backwards way I got an unmoded version of KSP on my main PC but there is probebley a better way. This is also assuming you are starting a new save file in 1.0.5. 

Edited by Mech_Jeb_42

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.