Bloomberg insight article into studio transition from Star Theory to Intercept Games

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Calm down. The term "cult classic" is not a slam, in fact, it is a complement to the game's ability to find a niche audience. I've been playing KSP for TWELVE years. That's a heck of an accomplishment.

There's a whole lot of "cult classic" films out there - which have remained popular long after other movies of their era are long forgotten. Dr. Strangelove, Nosferatu, and others in the early horror genre (The Blob, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Birds) are well-known _cult classics. 

It was not meant to be offensive.

How have you been playing for 12 years if KSP is only 9 ish years old???

11 hours ago, Souptime said:

How have you been playing for 12 years if KSP is only 9 ish years old???

Haha, performing math on Maxalt is how! Thank you for pointing that out. :P

Seriously, I bought KSP in 2012 on the KSP store site, then bought it on Steam in 2013. I created my first profile in the forum before The Great Forum Crash (adsii) but my profile was lost (now I'm using this one).

So, I've been playing for 8 years, still a record for me. The math goof-up was not intentional. I have chronic hemiplegiac migraines and sometimes my brain just doesn't work well when the headaches get severe and I take the medications.

11 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Calm down. The term "cult classic" is not a slam, in fact, it is a complement to the game's ability to find a niche audience. I've been playing KSP for TWELVE years.* That's a heck of an accomplishment.

There's a whole lot of "cult classic" films out there - which have remained popular long after other movies of their era are long forgotten. Dr. Strangelove, Nosferatu, and others in the early horror genre (The Blob, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Birds) are well-known _cult classics. 

It was not meant to be offensive.

I know that, I was simply trying to be annoying. Yes, it is a complement, but most of the times you hear cult following or cult classic, it revolves around a stupid thing, like the FAD in MW3. 

1 hour ago, Mikenike said:

I know that, I was simply trying to be annoying. Yes, it is a complement, but most of the times you hear cult following or cult classic, it revolves around a stupid thing, like the FAD in MW3. 

Ugh, don't be annoying. We have an unofficial forum rule (2.2z subsection 3) which states:

Forum Guideline 2.2z:

Forum users should attempt not to purposefully annoy other forum users through the misrepresentation or purposefully feigning outrage. The penalty will be having the Muppet Show song, MenaMena, as contained on YouTube, posted on that user's forum profile feed...

Spoiler

Seriously, just kidding. But we have enough fires to put out on this forum. Please don't add to it by trying to be annoying. Some folks here have fragile dispositions (more fragile than an onion skin) and could have easily taken your comments and ran with them, creating more fires for the moderation team and others to have to contend with. So, please, for the sake of the forum wellbeing, please watch what you feign outrage about...