KSP 1.10 Venture Collaborative Station Grand Discussion thread

Who is willing to take part?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna be part of it

2. 2. Where should we launch the mission to

I'm probably going to do a complete redesign though, because my currant design is quite inneficient. I will probably switch to a 1 vector 2 terrier design that is more similar to my original design, because the weight of using multiple nervs and needing extra lf only tanks outweighs the extra isp, especially since its Jool system only. And I will build a separate larger nervs craft for refueling the station via pol, or making excursions to Dres and Eeloo. Since I will probably use a klaw instead of landing legs I may even pick up a dresteriod and bring it back by mining for fuel on it in between burns maybe we could even take the observatory to Dres and use the sentinel to find a good asteriod.

Edited by catloaf

o5pdv9c.png

What do you think, does this look like an orbital greenhouse/hydroponics? It seems like those reaction wheels are the only stock parts that are actually green (at least at the top and at the bottom of the part). However, I'm not the first player who built "hydroponics" using these reaction wheels. 

Maybe it would look better if I'd replace the fuel tanks in the service bay with science containers.

9 hours ago, s_gamer101 said:

o5pdv9c.png

What do you think, does this look like an orbital greenhouse/hydroponics? It seems like those reaction wheels are the only stock parts that are actually green (at least at the top and at the bottom of the part). However, I'm not the first player who built "hydroponics" using these reaction wheels. 

Maybe it would look better if I'd replace the fuel tanks in the service bay with science containers.

You could use mystery goo. Or, if it's okay to exceed 20 parts use mystery goo and other science equipment. If it's suppose to look like water tanks you could try clipping mite srb's into the service bay or use oscar-b tanks  (Don't worry about the kerbals in the hitchhiker, kerbals like snacking on srb propellants. They even have a candy called gem-63xl!)

14 hours ago, s_gamer101 said:

What do you think, does this look like an orbital greenhouse/hydroponics?

I like it. It is probably the best you can do in stock KSP. I actually think the reflective fuel tanks. It would make sense if you are trying to keep something in there cool that they would be reflective.

Edited by minerbat

21 hours ago, minerbat said:

Nuke SHOP? Are we buying nukes lol? I think you mean nuke SHIP? If I am allowed to I could do it but I already have 3 modules so only if I get permission for adding a fourth one I can add a transporter ship.

Sorry, nuke ship. It's probably unnecessary though, since I could build the functionality into my own massive ship, provided that the com is lined up with the docking port on the observatory.

5 hours ago, s_gamer101 said:

But we d‘still need someone who creates the badge. I don‘t really know how to create a good badge to be honest.

I can create the badge with a photo of the finished station, if that sounds good to y'all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.