KSP 1.10 Venture Collaborative Station Grand Discussion thread

Who is willing to take part?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna be part of it

2. 2. Where should we launch the mission to

9 minutes ago, OutInSpace said:

Yeah, it's the stock Clamp-o-Tron. Not sure if it was retextured by one of my mods, or if that's just what it looks like with textures at max, but its definitely stock.

Then it was probably retextured.

12 minutes ago, s_gamer101 said:

Are there only 2 docking ports? I think we'll need a lot of docking ports.

Sorry, I didn't realize that this picture was an extension to the core module and not the core module itself. I was thinking that the core module has only two docking ports.:D

I editet my other post now.

By the way, what should I build?

Edited by s_gamer101

4 minutes ago, epicfailure2020 said:

the first sadly. 

I've been playing ksp for 6 years, and I only got the hang of docking (without mechjeb) only 8 months ago, so that's totally fine. :) 

EDIT: You can also try Navball Docking Alignment Indicator, a very stock-alike mod the makes docking much easier.

Edited by Aniruddh

1 minute ago, Aniruddh said:

I've been playing ksp for 6 years, and I only got the hang of docking (without mechjeb) only 8 months ago, so that's totally fine. :) 

I also didn't know how to dock for a very long time. The mistake I did was that I didn't watch good tutorials and gave up way too fast. I also never tried an ingame tutorial. Then I just waited way too long until I tried again. I recommend to learn how to use maneuver nodes first (you can reward yourself with a Mun or Minmus mission afterwards) and then learn how to dock as soon as possible. And don't give up, you can do it.:wink:

Just now, Aniruddh said:

Yeah, sometimes mechjeb's docking autopilot freaks out when you're dealing with huge crafts and haven't put enough reaction wheels and RCS. I can remember how nightmarishly hard it was to try counteract mechjeb's incorrect steering.

Thanks, now i know what went wrong with my attempt to dock a Soyuz in RSS/RO using MechJeb:D

1 minute ago, epicfailure2020 said:

i know how to use maneuvers but not docking.

Then you should be ready for a docking tutorial. Docking gives you a lot of possibilitys

22 hours ago, epicfailure2020 said:

can we build it in kerbin? im not good at interplanetary travel. 

also no matter what i do i cant dock a module.

I'll dock all the modules for people who cant, also, is the limit still ten parts?

18 hours ago, epicfailure2020 said:

when should i share the save?

Maybe just email the next person?

Edited by catloaf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.