Cannot use cut ✂ tool when editing posts

catloaf

So as everybody knows when you create a quote or other widget you delete it with the cut tool. However when editing post some tools such as cut, some formatting options and other things are missing. I know it's probably a software limitations but it would be nice to not have 

Ignore this it was a formatting mistake.

Or

blockquote widget

And

@catloaf

Sorry @catloaf this was a mistake please move along.

This is what happens when you don't know how to end your post...

Btw I'm on mobile right now, can't test of it happens on pc.

Edited by catloaf
Edit: found workaround, still would be a nice change.

I have found the best way to get rid of those blocks is to put the cursor immediately before it, and then hit backspace.   The GUI here is kinda weird and doesn't always behave as you think it should (try editing a table).

But although, it could just be the mobile interface.  I've never used the "cut" tool before. 

10 hours ago, catloaf said:

Btw I'm on mobile right now, can't test of it happens on pc.

Ha, I was reading what you were writing and the first thing I thought was, "I bet he's on mobile."

The forum software works fine on mobile for reading, but when it comes to editing, it's a bit... flaky. Always has been.

The only solution I've ever found is to stick to very rudimentary editing when on mobile and don't quote people (and don't even get me started about @-pinging and other idiosyncrasies), and save the fancier posts for when I'm on desktop.

1 hour ago, catloaf said:

However, what I don't understand is why I can do things when creating a post, but  cannot do them when editing it.

Because, as I mentioned,

1 hour ago, Snark said:

it's a bit... flaky. Always has been.

;)

Yeah, mobile formatting with the WYSIWYG editor sucks. Even when composing a post using the multi-quote feature, you cannot move the quote blocks around and you cannot delete a quote block on mobile by pressing backspace or something sane.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.