[1.9.1+] OPT Spaceplane Continued 3.4.9.2 (beta) [Apr 02, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It's the model. I ripped all the affected models, remade their colliders and animations and re-exported, therefore, it's absolutely something I'm not aware of in what I've done. I've tried what I can as far as the config is concerned but no success. And I'm not sure what the orientations are for the docking transforms. Since the part is being stubborn I've somewhat given up on trying to learn the correct orientations.

The correct orientation is for the forward (z axis, or blue in unity editor).

The up axis is optionally used for orientation around the forward axis. (that is, a port can be configured that the two up axes have to be  aligned for docking to succeed)

The transform should be named dockingNode OR nodeTransformName should be set in the ModuleDockingNode to whatever you did name the transform.

There's also an optional controlTransform (designated in the config by controlTransformName) which if absent defaults to the part's base transform.

As to the collision issue, no idea...

Edit: Actually, for the controlTransform, you should consider that not so optional for the inline ports. When controlling from the docking port, the controlTransform needs to be the same as if it were a cockpit orientation.

Edited by Starwaster

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2024 at 5:09 PM, JTheDoc said:

Regarding the last part of your comment, would this fix the issue I'm having with the OPT K Space Plane Cockpit. - When I turn on the lights for the cockpit, the whole part turns white.  I do not have TURD installed either.
Using the latest version of OPT Spaceplane on the beta github. I'll happily include a log/part file and any necessary information JadeOfMaar needs. :)

Same here, if external cockpit lights are on the part glows like the core of a sun. I did delete the old OPT but the only thing I can think of is the order of install of Legacy, Reconfig and Continued. Is there a preferred order of install or even not to install all 3? (I should add, I install my mods manually and usually allow overwrites, so could be putting bad files into play that should have been replaced.)

Edited by Tanicus

Posted (edited)

@JadeOfMaar You've definitely got a problem with the docking node transform. I downloaded the beta, put a test craft up there and MJ is trying to dock at a 90 degree angle to where it should be.

Edit: Good news is that the control transform seems okay. If I control from it then it's trying to align through the docking port instead of the front of the part. Although, which way should be the top? Right now it's trying to use the back of the part as the top (the direction of the hatch handle) If that's what you intended then it's fine.

Edit: 2 That bounding box is messed up...  not sure what part is doing that but it shouldn't be so long:

Spoiler

FiiiDMh.png

Edit #3: Nevermind. It's the fricken Wolfhound that I had mounted on the back for propulsion.... WHY is its bounding box so goddamn huge???

Edited by Starwaster

For people using ASET avionics and the OPT J HT cockpit with IVA, and are confused how to use the HSI/ILS to land:

Set nav 2 before take-off to 108.5 for approach from east (9), 110.1 for west (27). You can set both and use the arrow thingy at the bottom to quickly switch when you overshoot.

I'm posting this here because it doesn't have RPM MFDs for NavUtils Continued and instead requires a more hands on  set-up on launch.

Also, if nothing works there's 2 big red shielded buttons on the bottom that you gotta flip. They're BAT(tery) and BUS. 

Posted (edited)

Hello!

I get SEVERE unhandled exception spam about NullReferences while using the OPT J HT cockpit.

I have attached all possible relevant logfiles and my modlist:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KJzuQZ0isNyB7_8YxIPqVoBqzc-O2ibD/view?usp=sharing

It seems related to MAS  that the cockpit uses. I noticed  when I launch the vessel, none of the MFDs work and there's severe flickering. If I EVA and re-enter, the flickering persists unless I zoom the right amount but things work again. By this, I mean I couldn't toggle the Bus and the Bat triggers either, so it's not because i forgot them.

I am NOT using the MAS experimental avionics or RPM replacement patches yet

I will attempt the beta to see if it changes anything.

Edit 1:

Downloaded latest beta release, except for "Legacy." The exception nullreference seems to have stopped. MAS still complains of initialization on EVA/enter, but the MFDs work fully. Logs will wait until I land and recover on Kerbin and launch the vessel again for certainity's sake.

Edit 2: NullReference started spamming again on launch.

I wonder if it might be something to do with Kerbal Construction Time.

Logs for with beta:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lp3kgKmm3o3NN5DKX665SlSNEJOOX8Hf/view?usp=sharing

Edited by RunaDacino

@RunaDacino

Most of them are this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FARFlightGUI.PhysicsCalcs.CalculateEngineAndIntakeBasedParameters (System.Double vesselSpeed) (at <8fc38445915649c48b25aabd1db34a9d>:0)
	FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FARFlightGUI.PhysicsCalcs.UpdatePhysicsParameters () (at <8fc38445915649c48b25aabd1db34a9d>:0)
	FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FARFlightGUI.FlightGUI.FixedUpdate () (at <8fc38445915649c48b25aabd1db34a9d>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

over 20,000 of them

Posted (edited)

@Starwaster I've launched a KRASH form of the cockpit in question (J HT) and the nullreference exception persists, it seems to be caused by that part. Maybe its intake set-up?

The 5 person J QSo2 cockpit with intakes has no such issues.

Edit:

Tested a frankenstein's cockpit of all intake-capable K cockpits (TAV, Spaceplane, avatar) and the one J cockpit I never used. No issues there.

Seems unique to J HT, which is a shame as I love its IVA. K TAV and the J HT are the closest in shape too.

Edit 2: 

I tracked down the bug. It's the b9fuelswitch for the cockpit.

By default, it's on "IntakeAtm". I have changed it to KeroLox, presuming it's storage for those air-based OMS thrusters and... this apparently broke everything. Putting it on IntakeAtm fixes the massive exception spam.

Spoiler

12GbF9Z.png

Yeah, went through the rest of the cockpits. If you change it from IntakeAtm, everything breaks. 

Edited by RunaDacino

I absolutely adore this parts pack. My only issue is that the file structure is quite complicated once you install legacy and the reconfig file. For purely stylistic reasons, I am trying to change the exhaust plume on the J81 to a more realistic version but changing the animation file path appears to have no effect. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I've found that the OPT J HT flight instruments fail to work without the MAS JSI to MAS and ASET to MAS patches. Unfortunately, these patches break probes before crew and some other IVAs (ALCOR).

I've found a very hacky solution to this. In the MAS patches for RPM and ASET (000 JSI TO MAS, 001 ASET TO MAS) slap a big old ":HAS[#NAME[j_6m_cockpit]" onto @INTERNAL  and @PART entries in both files. This gives you a working J HT cockpit with usable ILS displays while keeping PBC from breaking.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:09 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@RedDwarfIV I just noticed your highly modded colonization [mission report] in which you use OPT spaceplanes. I'd really like it if you were to try out this WIP update, linked above, and give feedback.

Cheers! I'll check it out.

If nothing else, I appreciate this:

• Updated Antimatter configs so containment cost only applies when tanks are set to hold Antimatter.

It's a small thing but those matter too.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:09 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@RedDwarfIV I just noticed your highly modded colonization [mission report] in which you use OPT spaceplanes. I'd really like it if you were to try out this WIP update, linked above, and give feedback.

Okay, I tried it out. Unfortunately, I can't give you any feedback on how it worked in-game, because I didn't get that far.

lSZCAsi.png

B2NPToY.png

I would post the log file but I can't see any way to attach it to this post. There are a lot of errors and warnings.

I've reverted to the 2021 version of OPT, as I don't want to cause problems with my current save file.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedDwarfIV said:

Okay, I tried it out.

Did you make sure to do a clean install of the 3 OPT folders? Delete and replace, not merge the new into the old/existing. It helps to delete GameData/ModuleManager.ConfiigCache when lots of MM problems happen. If the B9PS problems happen to be really bad, consider re-downloading and re-installing B9PS too. The OPT downloads could have possibly corrupted too.

Somehow it seems like your OPT install got completely busted and I don't put out that bad of an update.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedDwarfIV said:

I would post the log file but I can't see any way to attach it to this post.

ZIP and copy the log to a file sharing service such as Google Drive. Enable anonymous access to the file, then post a link to the file in this thread.

Edited by DeadJohn
typo

46 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Did you make sure to do a clean install of the 3 OPT folders? Delete and replace, not merge the new into the old/existing. It helps to delete GameData/ModuleManager.ConfiigCache when lots of MM problems happen. If the B9PS problems happen to be really bad, consider re-downloading and re-installing B9PS too. The OPT downloads could have possibly corrupted too.

Somehow it seems like your OPT install got completely busted and I don't put out that bad of an update.

Ah, I did not. I merged the folders, because I assumed that anything new would either be added or replace existing files. I will try your recommendation tomorrow.

I assumed it was something to do with my save, since it wasn't happening to anyone else. Didn't intend for it to come across as an accusation, just reporting the issues I was having.

21 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

PEBCAK error confirmed, I followed your instructions and the mod was loaded successfully. Took a look at the tech tree, and the reworked scramjets and such sounded like they'd be pretty useful. I hadn't made use of them before because I felt they were too soft sci-fi for the save file. Supertech engines can be fun but more for sandbox play.

The only issue I had was that I was still getting the antimatter popup even without antimatter tanks on board. Perhaps I misunderstood what was meant in the update log.

nLw1hl0.png

@RedDwarfIV Nice. It's good to know that folks will turn around now concerning the engines. :D It's a weird and uncofortable place to know that a whole notable fraction of players avoid them.

I don't play with Antimatter at all, with or without FFT so, sorry, I have no experience to lend you with that popup window.

On 5/16/2024 at 2:05 PM, Tanicus said:

Same here, if external cockpit lights are on the part glows like the core of a sun. I did delete the old OPT but the only thing I can think of is the order of install of Legacy, Reconfig and Continued. Is there a preferred order of install or even not to install all 3? (I should add, I install my mods manually and usually allow overwrites, so could be putting bad files into play that should have been replaced.)

Did you ever find out what was responsible or fix this on your install? I've reinstalled and still have the same issue :/

@JadeOfMaar - Thanks for the advice, only just noticed you'd replied! I've freshly reinstalled the game and still have the error. I'll go into a little more detail later and will edit this post as I originally thought to only reply to Tanicus! :)

Edited by JTheDoc

On 6/14/2024 at 6:46 PM, fanda said:

Love this mod, its great 

What are some good engine combos? Been having some trouble balancing fuel with thrust on my planes

Heres some random pic

https://imgur.com/a/QcUeTWC

Mad looking ship! The Big delta wings are excellent for lift and hold an enormous amount of fuel. Dual cycle engines are my engines of choice.

• 2 weeks later...