[1.9.1+] OPT Spaceplane Continued 3.4.9.2 (beta) [Apr 02, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, alpine488 said:

Can you please bring this to 1.12.x? It seems like it would work well.

Open CKAN, go to Settings --> Compatible game versions --> tick the boxes as far back as 1.8. Have a nice day. :D

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MrGaming120 said:

The wings don't seem to provide lift and the elevators don't work either. Is this because the mod is out of date? And if so do you plan on updating it?

If you had FAR installed before but not now then make sure you don't have these lurking in your GameData: An empty FerramAerospaceResearch folder; A config file named "CustomFARAeroData" or something like it.

I hate to ask but do you plan to add more parts and possible integration with your sterling systems mod? I'd personally love to see the wrapper heat shields for the OPT parts, or do you just plan to maintain it for now?

And just to report some bugs the OPT-K cockpit lights are bugged, the entire part lights up instead of just the windows.

@uncertified_engineer Hi there. I'm working on that integration, actually. I guess you've noticed the engines that are being changed to be thermal nozzles. I don't intend to produce wrapper heatshields. I have a few reasons for that.

The fusion power spheres have been rewritten (but not released yet) as a demo for Sterling style fusion reactors. Ignore the electroplasma resource. That is another experiment and it concerns my consideration for WBI style fusion reactors. I'm heavily considering downgrading the 1.25m one (or both) into fission reactors because while ThermalPower comes easy, compact fusion doesn't.
3p85HBA.png

More parts are planned but there's nothing to show about them as yet.

I've confirmed the K cockpit light problem is a problem in the part itself. I'll fix that sometime.

hmmm not sure whats going on a lot of the OPT stuff has no textures
VJKy641.jpeg

EDIT
ok this probably is the reason

"Just as a heads up if anyone is seeing blank grey textures. The folder restructure breaks the TURD OPT pack, so you'll either have to update all of the paths in the config, or just remove the configs for now."

Edited by stk2008

Hi there! Got a minor bug to report. The OPT-J and K VTOL thrusters are a godsend and have absolutely revolutionized my aircraft, though while the shutters are toggleable, their in-game model is not. It's certainly not a problem, although I've got too much of a pea brain to remember to re-open them more than half the time (seeing as they look the same regardless of their state), which has led to a few moments of explosive disassembly. Is this a known issue? I'd imagine someone else has noticed it by now as well lol

On 8/2/2024 at 8:11 PM, Dragonlover1201 said:

Hi there! Got a minor bug to report. The OPT-J and K VTOL thrusters are a godsend and have absolutely revolutionized my aircraft, though while the shutters are toggleable, their in-game model is not. It's certainly not a problem, although I've got too much of a pea brain to remember to re-open them more than half the time (seeing as they look the same regardless of their state), which has led to a few moments of explosive disassembly. Is this a known issue? I'd imagine someone else has noticed it by now as well lol

Those engines are working as intended. Peas are meant to be cooked. ;)

5 hours ago, Jeffery Kerman said:

Will there ever be IFS support for the fuel tanks?

Sorry, no.

Oh, that much I'm glad is intentional - it's quite entertaining to see my painstakingly crafted vessels blow up out of nowhere. Although the minor issue I'm tryna report (that I probs coulda phrased better lol) is that the animations for the shutters aren't working. They're just permanently stuck open, regardless of the state of the actual engine. Have other people mentioned this, by any chance?

15 hours ago, Dragonlover1201 said:

Oh, that much I'm glad is intentional - it's quite entertaining to see my painstakingly crafted vessels blow up out of nowhere. Although the minor issue I'm tryna report (that I probs coulda phrased better lol) is that the animations for the shutters aren't working. They're just permanently stuck open, regardless of the state of the actual engine. Have other people mentioned this, by any chance?

The exhaust shutters should animate just fine by default. (Perhaps I should bind that to engine activation.) The intake shutters require the B9 Animation Modules mod

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, dinoduderocket said:

Just wondering is it compatible with turd in its current state?

Previous full release: Mostly. It doesn't support any of the parts I've added since I adopted it and I don't use TURD so I don't contribute to it.

Experimental beta: No. Because I rearranged everything to try to reduce some of the mess among the folders and to make it easier for players to find and delete what sections they don't want.

Hey @JadeOfMaar, I've started playing around with the OPT warpjet marge, and I noticed an issue with it. In the SPH it says that for both modes uses IntakeAtm, however when actually using it, it uses intakeAtm for the WJOpen mode, and intakeAir for the WJClosed mode. See attached screenshots for this. Is this planned? Since I can't seem to find any "IntakeAir" tanks, which makes it a lot less useful for spaceflight :(  Let me know if you need any more info for this. 

Edit: Same issue with the FVTs warpjets 

W2wvMnZ.png

a88aEk2.png

PD: Thanks a lot for working on this mod! 

Edited by diggie08

14 minutes ago, NuclearBaloney said:

The K lab and crew compartment both still use the K cockpit IVA, is this intentional or a bug?

Intentional. I don't make IVAs so they don't have their own unique IVAs.

8 hours ago, TheHelicopterKid said:

where are the K to KH Parts? im trying to look for them but i just cant see them.

If you're looking for an adapter then that does not exist. After your K part, place a KH part then place an H mounted part to fill the upper opening.