BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

I think BobCat means they lost the motivation, not him. I still see his test videos pop up on my YouTube every so often - the fire hasn't died there!

Yeah. I'm very motivated, and so's BobCat. :) But that's about it for the team, and I only really test/configure models. I can't write witty manuals (though N1 descriptions are mostly my work), nor write plugins or rig stuff in Unity.

Yeah. I'm very motivated, and so's BobCat. :) But that's about it for the team, and I only really test/configure models. I can't write witty manuals (though N1 descriptions are mostly my work), nor write plugins or rig stuff in Unity.

My interest in games grows, then fades, then grows, then fades. It goes in a grand cycle where I may not play a game for months, then return to it and play it endlessly for a few months, then nothing again. Most recently my interest waned until KSP Interstellar came out during .21, and then after .22 hit I got much more interested again. With the advent of KMP most of my friends are back to it as well.

However during all of it I still checked the forums waiting to see what new toys Bobcat was making for us.

Far as I know the Gen2 DEMVs have not been released. Also it takes very little to get the gen1 DEMVs operational in 0.22+ (most of em at least, havent tryed all).

Any info on where to find how to update the configs for the rovers to .22? I tried with the mk5 ANT but it won't move. The wheels will deploy and the door will open/close but it won't drive.

The old rovers use the cleverbobcat.dll ...

Ok thanks I forgot the ikjl controls. I have the dll it came with the rovers, so just have to pit the PART {} in the configs. And maybe replace the pod/rcs settings with the torque wheel.

I'm on the latest version of KSP, and I can't get the ant to work, It's not even showing up in the game, does it need to go in the gamedata folder or the other parts folder? I've also got the mk2 installed, the all in one rover is working but the parts are all different sizes what do I need to do to get it working?

Is there any other rover or just rover body like the ant? I can't seem to find anything else like it.

Bobcat, I'm seriously wishing you would release the rover you showed in the train video in whatever state its in and just not support it or let the community support it.

I'm on the latest version of KSP, and I can't get the ant to work, It's not even showing up in the game, does it need to go in the gamedata folder or the other parts folder? I've also got the mk2 installed, the all in one rover is working but the parts are all different sizes what do I need to do to get it working?

Is there any other rover or just rover body like the ant? I can't seem to find anything else like it.

Bobcat, I'm seriously wishing you would release the rover you showed in the train video in whatever state its in and just not support it or let the community support it.

I suggest looking at the parts config.

I only just got the game, but it looks like some time around the .18 or .20 release, syntax for the parts files got updated to be more modular. A lot of parts 'don't work' simply because they're missing a word and two brackets.

Older files just list data on each part.

Newer files have a new piece of code syntax at the beginning and end.

PART {

//Part data all inside this bracket set

}

That looks to me like the code is being prepared so that a single parts config file can be used to store multiple parts configs. Probably for more modularity and mod support.

I grabbed the DEMV stuff that was old myself, and it worked instantly after adding the part designator brackets to the config file. The only thing that doesn't behave right for me is the RAT in the DROPP. It doesn't play too nice.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it's still not working for me. Does anyone have the updated files uploaded anywhere? It makes a lot more sense to me to have one person who know what they are doing update the parts once for everyone instead of explaining it over and over....

Just before I read this, I downloaded a few rovers off Spaceport that someone had edited the .cfg however the DEMV 3EX doesn't show the kerbal in the seat. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/demvmk3ex-0-21-1/ How do I get the Kerbal visible? And also when I go for a drive in another rover (I have only driven them around KSC), it shows a creepy ghost of a Kerbal that is in a bike 300m away.

Wish I could work for you lot, but my bandwith is too bad, I can only download things by using my school's internet.

Edited by CaptainObvious

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it's still not working for me. Does anyone have the updated files uploaded anywhere? It makes a lot more sense to me to have one person who know what they are doing update the parts once for everyone instead of explaining it over and over....

That would be all fine and well...but mods are released with a license, and most dont allow redistibution of original works....Its really not hard to make simple config changes.

@Bobcat: I understand you said you had no interest in developing HOME further (and fine by me tbh, lovin the Gen2 stuff), but I was wondering how hard it would be to talk you into putting your upcoming ECLSS into the HOME pod. Really excited about that, as it looks to be the most accurate LF system in KSP to date....

But I use HOME parts alot, esp the pod.

Also, if you ever wanted someone to continue upkeep (NOT development) of the outdated DEMVs just drop me a PM, I have others that would help.

That would be all fine and well...but mods are released with a license, and most dont allow redistibution of original works....Its really not hard to make simple config changes.

@Bobcat: I understand you said you had no interest in developing HOME further (and fine by me tbh, lovin the Gen2 stuff), but I was wondering how hard it would be to talk you into putting your upcoming ECLSS into the HOME pod. Really excited about that, as it looks to be the most accurate LF system in KSP to date....

Also, if you ever wanted someone to continue upkeep (NOT development) of the outdated DEMVs just drop me a PM, I have others that would help.

I agree with you I use the homeparts alot especially this one http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/charlies-deli-and-shoe-store-home-2m-2/ and if it could be bought up to current specs I would be eternally grateful

This would be awesome! I hope bobcat allows someone to maintain the old rovers if he isn't interested in them anymore! I know these are a lot of people's favorite mods!

hey KhaosCorp, I just sent you a PM, I don't think bobcat cares if anyone updates and posts the old rovers!

Didn't bobcat used to have a whole team? With Cleverwalrus, The_destroyer, CCCP and a few more?

Speaking of which, where is The_Destroyer? we had some good times.

I feel special.

I'm here, but I left. For my own modding. Then just doing my thing.

I note that that was one of the most productive times of Bobcat ind- great rovers, great HOME, great soviets...

@Khaos I would also attempt to help maintain the good old rovers.

I feel special.

I'm here, but I left. For my own modding. Then just doing my thing.

I note that that was one of the most productive times of Bobcat ind- great rovers, great HOME, great soviets...

@Khaos I would also attempt to help maintain the good old rovers.

That right there would be lovely. If all that's needed is a shift in the file structure and a common edit to the .CFG then I'd love to get my old DEMV 4 RAT back, even if the pod won't work. Don't care. That little sportscar of a rover was HELLA FUN and FAST. Would love to send it shooting up the walls of the new steeper craters on the Mun and catching "air". YEEHAH!! :D

Its not just file structure and simple config edits..that will fix some, but seeing some other issues I cant nail down. The Mk4 is hooosed..Mk5 seems to work with just new file and a config edit. Mk1 is missing interior and cant see crew thumbnails....and the Mk2, the oddest issue of them all...the chassis will auto resize between trips to the VAB.

Keeping in mind Im working on these with only whats provided via the spaceport downloads...but guess I should just post whats fixable?

Neat! Inspired by PPTS (Perspektivnaya Pilotiruemaya Transportnaya Sistema) I guess? :) Awesome work, BobCat, as always - to be honest I don't play KSP without at least one of your mods (unless I'm doing stock only gameplay). How long have you been creating this great things anyways? It must be at least one year, right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.