BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

He is talking about the rovers, not the HOME stuff.

oh, then in that case:

Wait so am I missing something? Did we get a test sample for the gen2 DEMV?

Im seeing pictures and stuff but I cant tell if alpha released.

Read before assuming pictures mean anything.

@Bobcat

Just fiddling around with blender and came across this model on a file exchange, the model is just screaming please Kerbalize me!

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/52812

Now that is something I'd love to see with trailers. ROFL

Model is creative commons so long as the modeler is credited (Stundif), unfortunately its beyond my Blender/unity skills at the moment.

The model loaded up in Blender is just freakishly awesome.

Edited by Hawkstorm

@Bobcat

Just fiddling around with blender and came across this model on a file exchange, the model is just screaming please Kerbalize me!

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/52812

Now that is something I'd love to see with trailers. ROFL

Model is creative commons so long as the modeler is credited (Stundif), unfortunately its beyond my Blender/unity skills at the moment.

The model loaded up in Blender is just freakishly awesome.

Firstly, Bobcat will probably say no due to it being not his work, but that's up to Bobcat, so we can ignore that for now.

Secondly, how detailed is it? In terms of polygons and the likes. If it's too much, some people will be disappointed by a lag storm :(

Looking at the pic, from what I remember, you need a plugin if you want to view the Kerbals inside the rover if it's a command pod (See Bobcat's Historical American Pack). If it's set up like the stock rover seats, then the only problem would be the Kerbals getting out of the seats. You'd want to do a good collision mesh, but if it flings your Kerbals 200 km away from the rover when they stand up, then we might be stuck with opaque windows to hide the lies!

The next question then would be: What will the rocket look like to carry that thing to celestial bodies?

That brings up a good point: When Squad introduces Aerodynamic damage, how many people will be angry that they can't get their bases and trucks to space? :)

It'd be a nice inspiration, though. But I don't see the point of bringing this particular model into KSP. It's not made for this.

Oh, and aerodynamic damage? We'll have working fairings before we get it, or at least at the same time.

245k vert and 230k faces, tri's 447101

The mesh does look overerly complex and there is I think a vast amount of room to simplify it, the axel's for instance still extend right thought the axel casings etc, bear in mind even the interior has been modelled so its a very detailed mesh, the pics on the link don't really do it justice.

Edited by Hawkstorm

Hello,

Which Bobcat's stuff is updated to 0.22?

I'd like to use vehicles and HOME elements. But all I see on Spaceport seems out of outdated.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/?s=%20&tag=bobcat

Do you now any other carts, base elements?

PS: such an impressive work. Thanks!

HOME, Soviet Pack, and American Pack are all 0.22 updated. The rovers as far as I know are not, but can be updated very very easy.

Only other rover parts that even come close to bobcat stuff imo would be TTMod Wheels. But those are just wheels, no complete rovers like the DEMV series.

HOME Gen2 is in with the original HOME parts...spaceport download is good, even if it appears not to be.

Weird, yeah it works but for some reason part catalog only shows the HOME1 stuff in the bobcat category, browsing all parts you can find em in the list.

BTW anyone figured out a fix for the DEMV MK2 causing KSP's UI to go wonky in that particular way it does sometimes? Controls not responsive, the speed indicator bottom middle has a partial white overlay like a badly made reflection effect etc.

Yes thats the right download...just the info has not been updated (Bobcatt is a rather busy guy as far as mods go), unzip and give a peek inside, Gen2 is there.

He is also busy putting dinner on table. 500 pound bear shark not easy to lift.

Thanks.

I'll try HOME2xxx files. I guess they are HOME Gen2 files.

PS: Bobcat works hard, but almost nobobdy know HOME is part updated. Much time spent for very few players in fact.

PS2: I d like to get 0.22 rovers^^ Actually, many of his mods are "under work" and not 0.22 functional. Hope it will be fixed very soon, as they are GREAT.

Edited by brienne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.