BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

But you didn't answer the question of whether you would release the sources for KhaosCorp to update / maintain the DEMV line.

I don't really use BobCat mods, but this piqued my curiosity. Aren't his old mods hosted on Kerbal SpacePort? If so, then it seems that the source code would already be available for any of his plugins since the moderators there (and here) absolutely require that the source code be available for any plugin.

Admittedly, depending on the licensing, you wouldn't be able to re-release any of his work, but I don't see why you couldn't maintain it for yourself. Or am I missing something here?

You have a fetish for command pods?

yes I do. Especially ones that have a decent IVA. The Spacetech escape pod for example is one of my absolute favorites BUT it doesn't have an IVA so I made a quick one that puts you inside the actual model. Works wonderfully well!

Can anyone tell me why the old HOME modules are so broken and has anyone worked out a fix

Some of the issues your seeing are long going issues with HOME...other are new issues created when Squad made the 'animSwitch' line not work anymore...why they did that is past me, as it was a really handy feature to have.

What issues you talking about?

The home RECON module doesnt have the garage open in the VAB, the powerplant wont charge now using the solar panels or the nuclear engine as it says nuclear fuel deprived even though the resource is listed in the cfg, the powerplant module disappears from the VAB after use when looking at the inventory, is there an alternative command to replace the anim switch.

Edited by Virtualgenius

Nope using the right version someone provided an option to get the solar panels working in one of the bobcat threads, it all worked perfectly under the .21 release the .22 release broke it somehow and I have to say your monitors and models are looking fantastic. The HOME mod was the first mod I got when I started playing KSP so I have a sentimental attachment to it and have been updating it when you put updates out.

Edited by Virtualgenius

Ok ....

Getting a little confused... After playing around in career for a while I am getting ready to head to Duna and would really like to add HOME to the mix.

From the pics posted I am REALLY looking forward to the inclusion, but from the texts I can't tell if HOME is ready for career... or sandbox 22 for that matter. Spaceport entry still looks tohave 21.1 which I am given to understand is the pre career version.

If am am wrong can someone point me in the right direction?

Alacrity

HOME isn't compatible with career mode, nor with KSP 0.22 for that matter. The new HOME will be.

Ive been using home since 0.22 droped....save for the old recon module and the power module (2 parts I dont use anyway since Gen2) everything works just fine.

And if you want HOME in career mode its very simple to add...its 2 lines in the config for each part.

• 3 weeks later...
He meant KSP version 21.1. Unfortunately, in 0.22, Squad broke a feature BobCat was using.

Generally when that happens, you update things to work with the new version.... or is this something that is just so horribly broken that there's no fixing it ever? I'm really finding that hard to believe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.