how do i download beyond home

yeyehboi

ok so i have been wanting to play beyond home since i started, but i decided to get some practice first. I think im ready for it now but i dont know how to download it. theres no tutorial that tells me how to and i have tried dragging the files into gamedata but it didnt work. any help on this?

35 minutes ago, yeyehboi said:

ok so i have been wanting to play beyond home since i started, but i decided to get some practice first. I think im ready for it now but i dont know how to download it. theres no tutorial that tells me how to and i have tried dragging the files into gamedata but it didnt work. any help on this?

Beyond Home has a list of dependencies that also need to be installed.  You have to include Kopernicus and Parallax (click those for links to their respective download pages; forum threads for them are here and here) in order for it to work.  Parallax does not appear to have any further dependencies, but Kopernicus does--although it also includes those dependencies as part of the download.  I don't use CKAN personally, but I can say that it does keep track of all of the extra bits that you may need in terms of dependencies of dependencies, and so forth.

Also keep in mind that GitHub releases are typically in the form of .ZIP files, and you will need to unzip them and put the unzipped files in your GameData directory for the mod to work.

Also also, if the zipped download has a 'GameData' directory in it, then you need to put the contents into your own computer's GameData directory, rather than dragging and dropping the entire thing.  Don't have nested GameData directories in your KSP install.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Caerfinon said:

Beyond Home 1.5.2 is the most up to date. Check the dependencies in CKAN, there are quite a few that are required for it to run.

i mean ksp version, i tried 1.9 but kopernicus wont work, then 1.2.2 then beyond home wont work. 

Beyond Home 1.5.2 is compatible with ksp 1.9 - 1.10

Kopernicus 1.9.1.13 is compatible with ksp 1.9.1 

You can set CKAN Compatible KSP version under the settting tab. It's usually safe to use the most current version of ksp (1.10.1) and 2-3 previous versions and the mods should still generally work together,

See below

wGQa7nF.png

38 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Beyond Home 1.5.2 is compatible with ksp 1.9 - 1.10

Kopernicus 1.9.1.13 is compatible with ksp 1.9.1 

You can set CKAN Compatible KSP version under the settting tab. It's usually safe to use the most current version of ksp (1.10.1) and 2-3 previous versions and the mods should still generally work together,

See below

wGQa7nF.png

then this is really broken, im in 1.9.1 and it doesnt show beyond home or kopernicus. i got ckan from exactly the link you sent me and its the .exe. i dont know how it wont show up

@Caerfinon do you have discord or something where we can talk easier

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.