automatically targeting

I have a plane with a big missile in it, but I can't send it somewhere and that is very annoying. is there anything that allows me to aim it at a target (not an object or building) without controlling the missile?

Edited by Val
Fixed fonts and formatting issue

20 minutes ago, Claas2008 said:

I have a plane with a big missile in it, but I can't send it somewhere and that is very annoying. is there anything that allows me to aim it at a target (not an object or building) without controlling the missile?

It needs to go to a target al by himself

1 minute ago, Claas2008 said:

Without mods

Then in that case, you just have to point the missile in the right direction and fire, and hope it flies straight.    There's no way to have a missile lock onto a target without your input in the stock game. 

13 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Then in that case, you just have to point the missile in the right direction and fire, and hope it flies straight.    There's no way to have a missile lock onto a target without your input in the stock game. 

I tried a kerbnet waypoint, but you can't set it as a target

13 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I hope that in a update that is going to change. i also tried kerbnet waypoint, but you can only set your navigation on it and not a target

9 minutes ago, Claas2008 said:

I hope that in a update that is going to change. 

I highly doubt it will.   It's the Kerbal Space Program, not the Kerbal Aerial Combat Program.    At least for the stock game.  

You should take a look at the BDArmory mod.   It has weapons and targeting items in it. 

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

I highly doubt it will.   It's the Kerbal Space Program, not the Kerbal Aerial Combat Program.    At least for the stock game.  

You should take a look at the BDArmory mod.   It has weapons and targeting items in it. 

kerbnet helps you find a good landing spot. if they change it so that you can make a waypoint your target you automatically go to you waypoint, then it helps not only landing, but targetting too

Use a probe core with target mode SAS (enable all SAS modes on all probes in the save settings), put a target object out (flag, random part etc.), control the plane from the missiles probe core, set SAS to point to target, fire missile, quickly switch back to the plane and hope the missile sticks to the target tracking SAS mode.

But if you’re going down the path of building air-launched missiles then BDArmory and its various expansion mods are the way to go.

10 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

put a target object out (flag, random part etc.)

Yup, I misread the OP and thought he wanted to target a building, not an object.  Got that backwards.    It can work, but stock KSP is really not designed for this.   Get one of the mods. 

11 hours ago, Claas2008 said:

kerbnet helps you find a good landing spot. if they change it so that you can make a waypoint your target you automatically go to you waypoint

Nothing in the stock game automatically goes to anything, waypoints, targets, or anything. And it likely never will.

As has been said, what you want to do is outside the scope of the game UI, even if it's inside the scope of what's possible to do in the game engine. Mods are the way to go to add the functionality to the UI/UX.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.