need RCS prograde retrograde switch

hi, in short: I need a switch between prograde and retrograde in a probe that has RCS as the unique propulsion.
more in detail: the RCS prograde nozzle is too close to another part of the probe, precisely the "Rockomax Brand Adapter 02".
I don't know what distance the gas
sprinkle affects the adapter wasting fuel, but I'm quite sure this one is too much close and it has some effects.
Anyway, even if it had no effects, I don't like to see the expelled gas sprays the adapter.
So, as I have the "opposite direction RCS nozzle" free from obstacles, I would like to use it instead.
Of course I pretty know I could turn the probe direction anti-target :targetretro: and burn manually, but I want to burn automatically.
That's why I'm asking, can I somehow switch prograde and retrograde "properties" in order to execute a maneuver with MJ but using the opposite nozzle?

bad.jpg?dl=1

good.jpg?dl=1

I've tried to switch the "Control Point = Reversed" instead of Default in the Pod settings, but no changes. I don't even know what does it do.
and since I'm here: what does "Control Point" do when "Reversed"?

control%20point%20reversed.jpg?dl=1

Edited by antipro

2 hours ago, antipro said:

Anyway, even if it had no effects, I don't like to see the expelled gas sprays the adapter.

You can pretend to not see the spray, since RCS thrust don't get occluded. (They may still get stowed inside a fairing/cargo bay) . :P

If you want the thrust to respond to throttle you need to [show activation toggles] and set [fore by throttle] on. (Requires advanced tweakables). "fore" being were your craft is pointing.

2 hours ago, antipro said:

what does "Control Point" do when "Reversed"?

Exactly what it says: Up becomes Down, Left becomes Right, etc.. Just look at the Navball and you will notice.

3 hours ago, antipro said:

I've tried to switch the "Control Point = Reversed" instead of Default in the Pod settings, but no changes. I don't even know what does it do.
and since I'm here: what does "Control Point" do when "Reversed"?

it should do exactly what you want to achieve: prograde becomes retrograde, and everything else is changed accordingly. should satisfy your need to trick the game into burning in the opposite direction

4 hours ago, Spricigo said:

Exactly what it says: Up becomes Down, Left becomes Right, etc.. Just look at the Navball and you will notice.

3 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

it should do exactly what you want to achieve: prograde becomes retrograde, and everything else is changed accordingly. should satisfy your need to trick the game into burning in the opposite direction

I tried it reversed only on a probe, that's why I said there was no changes, when I tried it on the main ship it worked.
So what prevents it to operate on the probes where I need it?
Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzn9xzsw2sjotk8/2020-11-21 03-41-59.mkv?dl=0

edit:
If I press "Control from here" the probe start rotating according to "Control Point: Reversed" but it never burns. why?
Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0gotu98lr7gt56/2020-11-21 04-42-05.mkv?dl=0

Edited by antipro

13 hours ago, Spricigo said:

since RCS thrust don't get occluded.

Thanks, I just made a test vessel, you're right: RCS thrusters don't get occluded.
But I'm sure about other fuel engines, they get occluded.
I remember long time ago I built a lander and one of its Nerv engines was occluded by an extended solar panel 1x6, or by a radiator.
Resulting in a crash due to unbalanced symmetric thrust while landing.

Still don't know why that probe does not want to burn when its Control Point is Reversed.

Edited by antipro

5 hours ago, antipro said:

So what prevents it to operate on the probes where I need it?

The control point ("Control from here") wasn't set to that probe core. (IIRC it can be that after decoupling the control point is set to a non probe core / cockpit / docking port part.)

4 hours ago, AHHans said:

The control point ("Control from here") wasn't set to that probe core. (IIRC it can be that after decoupling the control point is set to a non probe core / cockpit / docking port part.)

yes thanks, I had already figured out it.

11 hours ago, antipro said:

edit:
If I press "Control from here" the probe start rotating according to "Control Point: Reversed" but it never burns. why?
Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0gotu98lr7gt56/2020-11-21 04-42-05.mkv?dl=0

What I still do not know is why the probe do not burns when is reversed.

Edited by antipro

57 minutes ago, antipro said:

What I still do not know is why the probe do not burns when is reversed.

My guess is that this is a feature of MechJeb or another mod. Something sets the throttle to zero when you activate RCS, that's not stock behavior.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.