1.11.2 Bug fixes really needed.

In a 1.11.1 we saw some really severe bugs affecting even the most basic gameplay. So I would hope that a 1.11.2 can be brought out mainly for bug fixes. (I don’t mean to poke the bears tho)

I would suggest that they have a bug reporting site. That way all can report and track bugs as they occur. Would be in a standard format, including logs. To assist I would expect that they have documentation on how to describe the bug, get the logs and upload them.

Oh and a voting option so they can tell which ones we think are major bugs.

Just my thoughts

57 minutes ago, IanCanberra said:

I would suggest that they have a bug reporting site. That way all can report and track bugs as they occur. Would be in a standard format, including logs. To assist I would expect that they have documentation on how to describe the bug, get the logs and upload them.

Oh and a voting option so they can tell which ones we think are major bugs.

Just my thoughts

Luckily SQUAD agreed with your thoughts and did all of those things many years ago!

20 hours ago, AllenLi said:

In a 1.11.1 we saw some really severe bugs affecting even the most basic gameplay. So I would hope that a 1.11.2 can be brought out mainly for bug fixes. (I don’t mean to poke the bears tho)

Which ones? I haven't seen any worth mentioning.

12 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Which ones?

The bug trailer list is still growing, I think. For me personally, I've seen the struct connecter and the fuel line not working normally, when building a craft in Mirror symmetry. The second line, created by symmetry, extends to the same direction as the one I'm dragging by hand, instead of "mirroring" to the other side.

1 hour ago, AllenLi said:

The bug trailer list is still growing, I think. For me personally, I've seen the struct connecter and the fuel line not working normally, when building a craft in Mirror symmetry. The second line, created by symmetry, extends to the same direction as the one I'm dragging by hand, instead of "mirroring" to the other side.

Yeah there are still issues with mirror symmetry, and also when switching root to certain parts. From where I'm standing it works a lot better than it has since 1.7.4 at least however -- and 1.11.1 looks like just about the most stable release in years. 

There's a bunch of other minor stuff too, but I haven't run across anything that's remotely game-breaking or  "really severe bugs affecting even the most basic gameplay".

8 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Yeah there are still issues with mirror symmetry, and also when switching root to certain parts. From where I'm standing it works a lot better than it has since 1.7.4 at least however -- and 1.11.1 looks like just about the most stable release in years. 

There's a bunch of other minor stuff too, but I haven't run across anything that's remotely game-breaking or  "really severe bugs affecting even the most basic gameplay".

I agree. There are a few annoying bugs, but they all are either minor and easily avoidable, or have simple workarounds. Remember how annoyed everyone was about the fuel transfer bug in 1.10? There were several easy workarounds available, and we all learned to live with it until it was fixed in the next major release. I have no doubt we can do that with 1.11.1.

Haven’t noticed any major bugs either, couple of minor things (easy workaround) but these have kind of always existed in one form or another. I just treat them as kerbal-like behaviour (ie quirky)

Fuel crossfeed is kinda "basic" for me.:lol:There certainly are simple workarounds.

I remember back in 1.10.0 the bay doors of lander can Mk2 were broken... And someone posted a patch in the forums right after the release, IIRC. 

Yes KSP is going better, and I accept that any software ever made can't run without bugs.  

I now realized that the bugs are so widespread (those VAB bugs, sometimes freezing, EVA orbital drifting, so on) that it felt like severe:sticktongue:

Serves me right for pooh-poohing the bugs. My game installation suddenly conked out, a craft I was building is unreactive in the SPH, and it resets to native screen resolution on every restart or game load; reacquiring the files from Steam didn't help; I'd have to delete and reinstall to get it working again. Not up to it today. <sigh>

9 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Serves me right for pooh-poohing the bugs. My game installation suddenly conked out, a craft I was building is unreactive in the SPH, and it resets to native screen resolution on every restart or game load; reacquiring the files from Steam didn't help; I'd have to delete and reinstall to get it working again. Not up to it today. <sigh>

Those sorts of hiccups happen from time to time - you'll get an unresponsive game or a corrupted savefile for no apparent reason. I don't think it's the sort of thing a minor patch could fix, because I haven't found any way to reproduce it reliably. It's likely a side-effect of KSP's years of spaghetti code, and the only thing you can really do is make sure you have a backup of your saves/installations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.