Light enhancement for better pictures

I just performed a staging on a big ship with plenty of pieces flying around. I wanted to take a nice screenshot of the whole thing, but it wouldn't come well because it's night.

it's far from the first time some great screenshot got ruined by lack of light. especially far from the sun, where everything is in shade. and i have bop because, between craggy geography and low light, everything is always in shade and i can never see the landscape well.

enough with this!

so i thought, it would be nice to add a light enhancer for the purpose of sightseeing and screenshotting.

with two distinct options: 1) ship visible. Every piece of ship is illuminated, so it's always visible in darkness. good for seeing your ship, and taking my screenshot of stage separation

2) terrain visible. No more shadows, or at least less deep shadows. So you can finally appreciate bop as a whole.

if there is already this option, please point it to me!

9 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

so i thought, it would be nice to add a light enhancer for the purpose of sightseeing and screenshotting.

with two distinct options: 1) ship visible. Every piece of ship is illuminated, so it's always visible in darkness. good for seeing your ship, and taking my screenshot of stage separation

2) terrain visible. No more shadows, or at least less deep shadows. So you can finally appreciate bop as a whole.

a) You can turn up the ambient light in KSP settings. Not too much, or otherwise everything will be uniformly lit.

b) You can add lights to your vessel. Self-illumination always looks nice, even though it will take a toll on your frame rate.

c) If you really want to, you can turn off terrain self-shadows in settings.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

There’s a mod to control the ambient light settings- it’s probably called “Ambient Lighting” or something similar and I’m pretty sure it’s one of LGG’s many mods, but I can’t remember the exact name right now. I use it all the time for night-time screenshots.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.