[1.12.x] KSP Part Volumes

linuxgurugamer

• 1 year later...

I'm getting "construction only part" when trying to add some parts to storage containers (basically all crew pods as far as I checked), even with all the options enabled in the main menu settings. Can we change that?

---EDIT

It's clear that the mod is bypassing the crew pods because they have ModuleInventoryPart. Is there a reason for this? Can we add volume to these parts anyway?

Edited by mateusviccari

On 7/14/2024 at 4:40 PM, mateusviccari said:

It's clear that the mod is bypassing the crew pods because they have ModuleInventoryPart. Is there a reason for this? Can we add volume to these parts anyway?

No, those are being bypassed BECAUSE they have the ModuleInventoryPart.   It's internal to KSP

New release, 0.0.3.11

• Added blacklistModDir to blacklist complete mod dir
  • Added UmbraSpace to the blacklistModDir as all of it's parts were coming up with a wrong volume, due to the way the parts were made
  • Added check for ModuleGroundPart

Thanks to github user @rodb88 for pointing out that ModuleGroundPart wasn't being checked for

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, those are being bypassed BECAUSE they have the ModuleInventoryPart.   It's internal to KSP

New release, 0.0.3.11

• Added blacklistModDir to blacklist complete mod dir
  • Added UmbraSpace to the blacklistModDir as all of it's parts were coming up with a wrong volume, due to the way the parts were made
  • Added check for ModuleGroundPart

Thanks to github user @rodb88 for pointing out that ModuleGroundPart wasn't being checked for

Yes, that's what I guessed, sorry if I didn't phrase it correctly. So there's no way to make these parts storable in containers? 

New release, 0.0.3.13:

•     Fixed parts which had the following modules also getting a volume of -1:
    •         ModuleGroundCommsPart
    •         ModuleGroundExpControl
    •         ModuleGroundExperiment
    •         ModuleGroundSciencePart