Show Off The Aircraft, Jet,Prop,Cargo,Passenger,Glider,Fighter etc That You Put Loads of Time Into Getting Just Right.

ColdJ

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I'm gonna gatecrash this thread with something that doesn't fit into any of your categories, but I did spend a long time fiddling with it to get it just right: my stock Starship!

SlS51vw.png

Yes, the bellyflop descent works just like the real thing :D

As you are in atmosphere, it is accepted :)

Nice and shiny, you obviously put lots of time into it.

I am going to pretend it's a Zeplin :)

3 minutes ago, chadgaskerman said:

Carrier based science plane that took a while to get the shaping right plus optimize the part count to 51

Is it the angle, or do you only have centre wheels?

If so how do you stop from falling over?

hello i try to build a f/a18 hornet replica still WIP

mode used:

B9procedural wings

procedural part

advanced jet engine

Ferram Aerospace research

conformal decals

aviation light

jA03fzY.jpg

BBUzRCf.jpg

a8opv2C.jpg

G3JiGzu.jpg

ifzOSL3.jpg

XpkCFQC.jpg

SCkz1Vv.jpg

o9x0P9V.jpg

kmnTA4P.png

Because jets are too common, and before of them I want to rebuild my collection of glorious prop planes.
For the moment, featuring the Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero and the Fokker Dr.1...

12 hours ago, Mouhand said:

hello i try to build a f/a18 hornet replica still WIP

Wow, if that is what it looks like in your game that is absolutely beautiful. I am still proud of the 17, 18 and super 18 I created with standard textures but yours looks photo realistic. simply amazing!

8 hours ago, Araym said:

Because jets are too common, and before of them I want to rebuild my collection of glorious prop planes.
For the moment, featuring the Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero and the Fokker Dr.1...

I tend to stay away from prop because I find them too fiddly. Hats off to you for being able to use them so well. Really like your Triplane. You should get conformal decals and then make up some flags that look like the Airforces that flew them so you can put them on your planes for that extra nostalgia. Very nice work.

11 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Wow, if that is what it looks like in your game that is absolutely beautiful. I am still proud of the 17, 18 and super 18 I created with standard textures but yours looks photo realistic. simply amazing!

thanks, yup it looks like this, im using astronomer visual pack and TUFX for visual and two filter with geforce experience "sepia and details" i will try to make a video for build tips;p

Edited by Mouhand

On 4/30/2021 at 1:53 PM, ColdJ said:

F22 Raptor.EDnBZ3g.jpgFy09wKI.jpgGJNJLKo.jpg

Honestly how are you this good, please help us mortals.

Honestly the best i've ever made something is something that somewhat looks like a really cool Ground attack fighter. It's something like the one in my account banner but just a lot more cooler. I'll upload pics soon, took me a couple of days to perfect. 

Also any tips on the way you nailed the canopy in your builds? I can't ever seem to find how to do that.

2 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

Honestly how are you this good, please help us mortals.

Honestly the best i've ever made something is something that somewhat looks like a really cool Ground attack fighter. It's something like the one in my account banner but just a lot more cooler. I'll upload pics soon, took me a couple of days to perfect. 

Also any tips on the way you nailed the canopy in your builds? I can't ever seem to find how to do that.

Hi there. Mostly patience, willing to keep reworking a craft over and over till it looks right to me. The cockpit and bombay are from the Mod "NMB" also known as "Nice Mk2 Bodies." I carefully adjusted their negative texture in Paint.net to get the gold canopy. I actually put the texture map up on their thread but no body seemed to be interested.

If you get their mod pack then in the folder marked Type22 rename 22cockpit.png to 22cockpit.old then download the png from my link, put it in that folder and rename it 22cockpit.png. Then when you load your game their cockpits grey texture will look like mine. The engines are from the mod "Airplane Plus" It is their J-119 "Cheetah" Afterburning Turbofan model, though I use my adjusted version I called Barracuda because KSP planes tend to be heavier than real life. So their's is 90 thrust and 140 afterburner while mine is 110 and 180. The smoother transitions are achieved using the mod "Mk2 Expansion pack". They have adjustable Chines that are very handy. Essential for a nice SR71 blackbird. For sculpting purposes I copied their config files, You open them. Immediately save them AS a different file name so as not to damage the originals and then in the file change "name =" to something else. "name =" is how KSP recognises individual parts. You don't want parts with same "name =" or you will get weird results in game. Then go down and change "title =" to have cosmetic in the title. Then go down further and set "Mass =" to 0.00001 and then remove

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLiftingSurface
        useInternalDragModel = True
        deflectionLiftCoeff = 0.2
        dragAtMaxAoA = 0.2
        dragAtMinAoA = 0.0
    }

so that you can craft them any way you want in your build  without them affecting aerodynamics.

If you have the mod Tweakscale then add this module right at the end but before the ending bracket. Your end should look like this.

MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        type = free_square
    }
}

The last bracket there is the 1 from the original config.

For the grey textures I take the original texture file, In this case they use Squad's wing texture that is in Squad's folder structure, and open it in Paint.net and then invert the colours. Save it AS the original name but with N in it e.g "Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/WingsN" This will mean that the dark edges are now light, so I go back and either copy and paste the originals edges over the inverted or paint sample the originals and use Bucket fill at a low percentage and set to overlay. You have to experiment with the percentage so that you colour what you want but not any more. Then the simplest thing is to simply rename the original to old and your new to the originals name, or you will have to add in this module to the config file like you did the tweakscale. For this example I have left in the tweakscale module so you can see how they should sit together.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModulePartVariants
        baseVariant = WhiteAndGray
        VARIANT
        {
            name = GrayAndWhite
            displayName = Negative
            themeName = GrayAndWhite
            primaryColor = #adadad
            secondaryColor = #ffffff
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/WingsN
            }
        }
        VARIANT
        {
            name = WhiteAndGray
            displayName = Positive
            themeName = WhiteAndGray
            primaryColor = #ffffff
            secondaryColor = #adadad
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/Wings
            }
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        type = free_square
    }
}

The invert colour and adjust and then use "ModulePartVariants" should work on most Squad textures.

The top of the plane uses some mk1 structural fuselage that has been made cosmetic and then had the Z axis, which is thickness, halved to squish it it so that it doesn't intrude into the bombay. But I think I will let your head wrap around what I have given you so far before messing with scale settings.

I hope this helps you make craft that look satisfying to you.

6 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Hi there. Mostly patience, willing to keep reworking a craft over and over till it looks right to me. The cockpit and bombay are from the Mod "NMB" also known as "Nice Mk2 Bodies." I carefully adjusted their negative texture in Paint.net to get the gold canopy. I actually put the texture map up on their thread but no body seemed to be interested.

If you get their mod pack then in the folder marked Type22 rename 22cockpit.png to 22cockpit.old then download the png from my link, put it in that folder and rename it 22cockpit.png. Then when you load your game their cockpits grey texture will look like mine. The engines are from the mod "Airplane Plus" It is their J-119 "Cheetah" Afterburning Turbofan model, though I use my adjusted version I called Barracuda because KSP planes tend to be heavier than real life. So their's is 90 thrust and 140 afterburner while mine is 110 and 180. The smoother transitions are achieved using the mod "Mk2 Expansion pack". They have adjustable Chines that are very handy. Essential for a nice SR71 blackbird. For sculpting purposes I copied their config files, You open them. Immediately save them AS a different file name so as not to damage the originals and then in the file change "name =" to something else. "name =" is how KSP recognises individual parts. You don't want parts with same "name =" or you will get weird results in game. Then go down and change "title =" to have cosmetic in the title. Then go down further and set "Mass =" to 0.00001 and then remove

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLiftingSurface
        useInternalDragModel = True
        deflectionLiftCoeff = 0.2
        dragAtMaxAoA = 0.2
        dragAtMinAoA = 0.0
    }

so that you can craft them any way you want in your build  without them affecting aerodynamics.

If you have the mod Tweakscale then add this module right at the end but before the ending bracket. Your end should look like this.

MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        type = free_square
    }
}

The last bracket there is the 1 from the original config.

For the grey textures I take the original texture file, In this case they use Squad's wing texture that is in Squad's folder structure, and open it in Paint.net and then invert the colours. Save it AS the original name but with N in it e.g "Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/WingsN" This will mean that the dark edges are now light, so I go back and either copy and paste the originals edges over the inverted or paint sample the originals and use Bucket fill at a low percentage and set to overlay. You have to experiment with the percentage so that you colour what you want but not any more. Then the simplest thing is to simply rename the original to old and your new to the originals name, or you will have to add in this module to the config file like you did the tweakscale. For this example I have left in the tweakscale module so you can see how they should sit together.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModulePartVariants
        baseVariant = WhiteAndGray
        VARIANT
        {
            name = GrayAndWhite
            displayName = Negative
            themeName = GrayAndWhite
            primaryColor = #adadad
            secondaryColor = #ffffff
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/WingsN
            }
        }
        VARIANT
        {
            name = WhiteAndGray
            displayName = Positive
            themeName = WhiteAndGray
            primaryColor = #ffffff
            secondaryColor = #adadad
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/Wings
            }
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        type = free_square
    }
}

The invert colour and adjust and then use "ModulePartVariants" should work on most Squad textures.

The top of the plane uses some mk1 structural fuselage that has been made cosmetic and then had the Z axis, which is thickness, halved to squish it it so that it doesn't intrude into the bombay. But I think I will let your head wrap around what I have given you so far before messing with scale settings.

I hope this helps you make craft that look satisfying to you.

Wow, that helps a lot, I'll be sure to check that all out soon.

Thank you very much

4 hours ago, ColdJ said:

As beautiful as it is, it will be interesting to see who has the collection of mods required to load it in the game.

:D not really a collection there are only 10 mods the rest are dependency mods which are automatically installed with CKAN

mods:

Spoiler

Advanced Jet Engine

All Tweak

AviationLights

-B9 ProceduralWings 

BDArmory

ConformalDecals

FerramAerospaceResearch

ProceduralParts

TexturesUnlimited

World-Airforce-Insignia (flag for decals)

GameData screenshot:

Spoiler

Ct6N1h5.jpg

Edited by Mouhand

50 minutes ago, Mouhand said:

:D not really a collection there are only 10 mods the rest are dependency mods which are automatically installed with CKAN

mods:

Hide contents

Advanced Jet Engine

All Tweak

AviationLights

-B9 ProceduralWings 

BDArmory

ConformalDecals

FerramAerospaceResearch

ProceduralParts

TexturesUnlimited

World-Airforce-Insignia (flag for decals)

GameData screenshot:

Hide contents

Ct6N1h5.jpg

That's... surprisingly playable wow

3 hours ago, Mouhand said:

GameData screenshot:

I'll see yours and raise you these. Minus the WASD mod I have yet to add to my heavily modded install.

2tXe0Sy.png

1 minute ago, ColdJ said:

I'll see yours and raise you these. Minus the WASD mod I have yet to add to my heavily modded install.

2tXe0Sy.png

I had in in Kerbal Foundries and Surface lights and some others but they had some annoying things and I took them out again.

1 minute ago, ColdJ said:

2tXe0Sy.png

This is surprisingly similar to mine, I just have a lot of naval mods and every single Near Future Mod.

What version of KSP do you use? I use 1.10.1 but i'm soon going to upgrade to 1.11.0 so I can install Aviator's Arsenal and some others

1 minute ago, HyperDraco said:

This is surprisingly similar to mine, I just have a lot of naval mods and every single Near Future Mod.

What version of KSP do you use? I use 1.10.1 but i'm soon going to upgrade to 1.11.0 so I can install Aviator's Arsenal and some others

That list is in 1.9.1 But I have been doing stock model building and mod testing in an almost pure stock 1.10.1 lately to make sure of compatability for Kerbal X and when I build my mod pack.

49 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

2tXe0Sy.png

I had in in Kerbal Foundries and Surface lights and some others but they had some annoying things and I took them out again.

no problems with Kerbal Foundries, its navigation light not "Surface lights" 

also im working on bleuangel version i creating decals for it 

Spoiler

UVpS9nS.jpg

and this is my gamedata for jet build and screenshot

Spoiler

OzwxLXX.jpg

Edited by Mouhand

Update on my plane: It flies! Can't roll all that well but, by god it's a good Boom and Zoom energy fighter.

Looks cool too.

I'll make an hydroplane variant cause bonus cool.

Edited by HyperDraco

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.