[1.12] B9 Procedural Wings Fork, Modified

Hi all,

Having an issue with large wings attached to a spaceplane (made of MkIV System parts) - the procedural wings seem to break off the craft with quite a small force, which means I can't land it! I've tried using autostrut & rigid attachment to no avail. The problem disappears when I tick 'unbreakable joints' in the cheat menu, meaning it's definitely the joint that's breaking. I've tried adjusting the part parameters in the wing config files (crashTolerance, breakingTorque, breakingForce), with no effect (the part is more resistant to exploding itself, but its connection strength to the rest of the craft is unchanged).

Now, it might just be that the wing with the engines attached is too heavy and I'll have to suck it up, but is there any way to modify the joint strength to make it stronger?

Here's a video of the ill-fated spaceplane:
https://ufile.io/ak4acs70

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

New release 0.46.0

• Thanks to @Blackrack for this:
    • Add support for deferred rendering
    • Compile a combined assetBundle for all platforms
  • Added back missing test craft (Pwings Test Aircraft, two versions)
    • There are two crafts, one for FAR and one without.
    • If you don't have FAR installed, install the non-FAR version

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/18/2024 at 12:24 AM, MagnetoDynamic said:

Now, it might just be that the wing with the engines attached is too heavy and I'll have to suck it up, but is there any way to modify the joint strength to make it stronger?

Try the link to get a mod that helps. Also remember that the Unity engine hates rigid attachment on large parts. Best not to turn it on for really big things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2024 at 2:53 PM, SheepDog2142 said:

Not to dig this up but what cockpit is that?

I'm not the original poster, but  i think it's a mixture of Procedural PartsInternal RCS and the cockpit from the AeroSpace Technologies and Reusable Operations mod

Edited by Davi SDF
Added links to the mods in the post

On 9/29/2024 at 2:17 PM, Davi SDF said:

I'm not the original poster, but  i think it's a mixture of Procedural PartsInternal RCS and the cockpit from the AeroSpace Technologies and Reusable Operations mod

Tested it and its really close but not exact. I think its a different mod of the same cockpit.

Edited by SheepDog2142