[1.12.5] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.1.7) - A journey to a black hole (April 9, 2024)

Jason Kerman

On 12/23/2023 at 8:46 AM, AdrianDogmeat said:

Is Kcalbeloh compatible with other systems like KSRSS for example?

It should be compatible with more or less any planet mod as long as you don't use homeswitch (particularly with planet mods that modify or replace the stock kerbol system)

Edited by CashnipLeaf

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, HockeyGoalie35 said:

Does anyone have Commnet solutions to reach the Kcalbeloh System? Been playing with Near-Future Xploration and not finding a solution.

look at page 12 there is suggestion.

13 hours ago, HockeyGoalie35 said:

Does anyone have Commnet solutions to reach the Kcalbeloh System? Been playing with Near-Future Xploration and not finding a solution.

You could change the DistanceFactor setting in the Kcalbeloh settings config to reduce the distance between the Kerbol system and Kcalbeloh system. In particular, the DistanceFactor setting of 0 makes communication between the star systems a lot more manageable with NFX (I do not recommend using an existing save with this setting applied, though). 

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the beta prerealease of 1.1.5. (and found fun bugs)

Methna homeswitch makes a Kopernicus pop up with a warning that it doesnt work.

And currently I am watching Suluco spin extremely fast in the loading screen after turning on homeswitch for Suluco.
I see the same bugs as in 1.1.2 (I think that was the last version I played at)
Methna is great idea for homeswitch by me, I love cool homeswitches!

On 2/9/2024 at 10:03 AM, Tohi_CZ said:

I downloaded the beta prerealease of 1.1.5. (and found fun bugs)

Methna homeswitch makes a Kopernicus pop up with a warning that it doesnt work.

And currently I am watching Suluco spin extremely fast in the loading screen after turning on homeswitch for Suluco.
I see the same bugs as in 1.1.2 (I think that was the last version I played at)
Methna is great idea for homeswitch by me, I love cool homeswitches!

Could you share your Logs-Kopernicus.zip with Mehtna homeswitch enabled?

The spinning Suluco is a known bug which is not fixable on my side.

19 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Could you share your Logs-Kopernicus.zip with Mehtna homeswitch enabled?

The spinning Suluco is a known bug which is not fixable on my side.

I would share the zip.... if I knew how to share that on forum?

4 hours ago, blackpeace2024 said:

Is that Sigma Dimensions and RSS Have a program conflict?

I want to play KcalbelohSystem in RSS and realistic scale

But RSS is not work when I load Sigma Dimensions

Thank you for your help

where did you download sigma dimensions? if it's CKAN, you need to switch to github since CKAN version is outdated.

• 4 weeks later...

It is inspired by Intestellar, but not very much. Actually only the ocean world comes from the movie.

Hm I would have thought that the whole wormhole thing outside of jool and the black hole would have been the inspiration from interstellar

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten Kcalbeloh Parallax scatters to work with KSRSS? KSRSS requires that you delete some of the Parallax stock config files, but from what I can see, Kcalbeloh Parallax relies on those deleted files to not make... every planet's surface an abyss. Short of renaming every relevant file path, is there a patch to resolve this or has someone fixed it? Also, does the pack have volumetric clouds yet? Thanks!

1 hour ago, BadModder54 said:

Has anyone gotten Kcalbeloh Parallax scatters to work with KSRSS? KSRSS requires that you delete some of the Parallax stock config files, but from what I can see, Kcalbeloh Parallax relies on those deleted files to not make... every planet's surface an abyss. Short of renaming every relevant file path, is there a patch to resolve this or has someone fixed it? Also, does the pack have volumetric clouds yet? Thanks!

I can take a look at it later. I'm going to post an update today or tomorrow so unfortunately, it won't be supported in the recent update.

I'm working on the official volumetric clouds support and I will post an alpha release recently for several planets I have finished.

Posted (edited)

Release v1.1.6

Installtion Guide

1. Install Kcalbeloh System
    • If you have an older version of the Kcalbeloh System installed, please completely delete it before proceeding with the new version.
    • Download Kcalbeloh-System-(v1.x.x).zip.
    • Choose ONE of them to download:
      • Kcalbeloh-Textures-4k.zip: Same resolution as previous releases.
      • Kcalbeloh-Textures-8k.zip: High-res textures, NOT recommended if your RAM is no more than 16 GB.
    • Extract the zip files and put all the folders in /GameData (000_NiakoUtils, KcalbelohSystem, KcalbelohTextures, and KopernicusExpansion) to your [KSP installation folder]/GameData/ folder.
    • Do NOT download KcalbelohExtras.zip unless you know what it is used for.
  2. Install Dependencies
  3. Install Visuals
    The planet pack works fine without visual mods, but it will lose a large part of its aesthetic.
    • EVE Redux: for clouds, dust storms, and auroras.
    • Scatterer: for realistic atmosphere, oceans, and sun flares.

Changes since v1.1.4

1. Added optional 8k textures for most celestial bodies.
  2. Added a new homeswitch option: Mehtna.
  3. Adjusted the default size of stars to a realistic scale compared with planets. These changes can be disabled in settings.
  4. Stars look brighter at a distance.
  5. The size of Kcalbeloh's kill sphere is made larger to avoid some minor issues.
  6. Adjusted the heat of Kcalbeloh and Dipuc's volcanoes.
  7. New cloud texture for Suluco and Efil, which is consistent with the upcoming official volumetric cloud support.
  8. Other minor changes and fixes.

The newest release is available on CKAN now!

Edited by Jason Kerman

The newest release is available on CKAN!

For official volumetric cloud support, you can find a test version here:

Kcalbeloh Volumetric Clouds v0.0.1-alpha
Test version available on GitHub
Please note: this is a working-in-progress project and may contain bugs, glitches, or incomplete features. Use it at your own risk and feel free to report any issues.
Currently finished bodies: Rouqea, Suluco, Noyreg, Anehta, Efil

9 minutes ago, Jason Kerman said:

The newest release is available on CKAN!

For official volumetric cloud support, you can find a test version here:

Kcalbeloh Volumetric Clouds v0.0.1-alpha
Test version available on GitHub
Please note: this is a working-in-progress project and may contain bugs, glitches, or incomplete features. Use it at your own risk and feel free to report any issues.
Currently finished bodies: Rouqea, Suluco, Noyreg, Anehta, Efil

Nice @Jason Kerman! Cant wait to check it out!
But before, due the changes in the folder structures, do i gonna destroy my actual savegame if i update to v1.1.6?
Also, i have 16 GB of ram at 3800mhz and at least 90 mods installed, should i keep it to 4k textures?
Thx in advance!

1 hour ago, Ariel Kerman said:

Nice @Jason Kerman! Cant wait to check it out!
But before, due the changes in the folder structures, do i gonna destroy my actual savegame if i update to v1.1.6?
Also, i have 16 GB of ram at 3800mhz and at least 90 mods installed, should i keep it to 4k textures?
Thx in advance!

It's safe to update if you do it correctly. It's recommended to use CKAN to avoid incorrect installation. Also, it's always good to backup your saves incase anything happens.

It's hard to say which texture you should use. You can try 8k and see if the performance is acceptable. If you often experience crash when changing SOI, it's better to switch to lower res textures or cut down your mod list.

23 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

It's safe to update if you do it correctly. It's recommended to use CKAN to avoid incorrect installation. Also, it's always good to backup your saves incase anything happens.

It's hard to say which texture you should use. You can try 8k and see if the performance is acceptable. If you often experience crash when changing SOI, it's better to switch to lower res textures or cut down your mod list.

Thanks! Updated via CKAN with the 8k textures and everything works just fine...
Some screenshots from Efil. I was never been there before

Spoiler

200c81366b36feb670d0c6b9a7b24bb6.jpg

bd65746f8b7ebdd9982ab3e1ed7ab370.jpg

26cb54a1c2e348f8d0c4bc49c52df9c5.jpg

Whenever I use principia, kerbalism and homeswitch from this mod, the insanity in kerbalism bugs out. The insanity increases very rapidly and resets several times per second.

There is also an exception in the console from kopernicus trying to display the icons only when prinicipia is used:

```

[EXC 15:34:07.791] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.RuntimeUtility.ApplyOrbitIconCustomization () (at <16ec8083439241fd9832c29d0980bf5a>:0)
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate () (at <16ec8083439241fd9832c29d0980bf5a>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

```

Are these known issues or should I maybe report them elsewhere?

4 hours ago, catmousedog said:

Whenever I use principia, kerbalism and homeswitch from this mod, the insanity in kerbalism bugs out. The insanity increases very rapidly and resets several times per second.

There is also an exception in the console from kopernicus trying to display the icons only when prinicipia is used:

```

[EXC 15:34:07.791] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.RuntimeUtility.ApplyOrbitIconCustomization () (at <16ec8083439241fd9832c29d0980bf5a>:0)
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate () (at <16ec8083439241fd9832c29d0980bf5a>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

```

Are these known issues or should I maybe report them elsewhere?

Kerbalism is known to have a lot of compatibility issues with planet mods. Although some kerbalism config is provided, I don't recommend using kerbalism with kcalbeloh.

Release v1.1.7

Installtion Guide

1. Install Kcalbeloh System
    • If you have an older version of the Kcalbeloh System installed, please completely delete it before proceeding with the new version.
    • Download from one of the sources:
    • Download Kcalbeloh-System-(v1.x.x).zip.
    • Choose ONE of them to download:
      • Kcalbeloh-Textures-4k.zip: Regular-res textures.
      • Kcalbeloh-Textures-8k.zip: High-res textures, NOT recommended if your RAM is no more than 16 GB.
    • Extract the zip files and put all the folders in /GameData (000_NiakoUtils, KcalbelohSystem, KcalbelohTextures, and KopernicusExpansion) to your [KSP installation folder]/GameData/ folder.
    • Do NOT download KcalbelohExtras.zip unless you know what it is used for.
  2. Install Dependencies
  3. Install Visuals
    The planet pack works fine without visual mods, but it will lose a large part of its aesthetic.
    • EVE Redux: for clouds, dust storms, and auroras.
    • Scatterer: for realistic atmosphere, oceans, and sun flares.

Changes since v1.1.6

Fixed a visual bug.

Hello, can you please add the mirror link to download? (like google drive, mega, or something like that)

Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but i have an error when trying to download from github (it just doesn't open the download page.)

6 hours ago, Tmub said:

Hello, can you please add the mirror link to download? (like google drive, mega, or something like that)

Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but i have an error when trying to download from github (it just doesn't open the download page.)

Have you tried to use CKAN? or maybe 腾讯微云 if you are in China.