[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

Maybe I don't quite understand this setting, enable commnet groundstations for Kerbal Konstructs. I was under the assumption if 'enable extra groundstations' is turned off in career advanced settings and you had this option on when you landed and opened up new bases across kerbin, it would give you commnet at every base you open. 

Here's what I'm trying to do. I'd like to only have KSC provide DSN / commnet at the start. As I fly around completing kerbinside remastered GAP and Planes with Purpose contracts I'd like to buy and open bases along my way expanding my comm network. Is that possible? 

KK setting

Edited by Fihnakis

On 11/2/2023 at 12:57 AM, FormosaT_9 said:

A friend in Shanghai told me to post it here

hello all ! maybe weeks ago
some of you saw we create a longer track in game:

Nowadays, we try design rail stations - BUT WE NEED HELP

we saw some mods using AnimateOnClick, so we try to change tracks with it;
seems like all buttons, animations and colliders work normal.
But like what happen in the video, there dont have HighlightOnHover at all.
for this station, this is our code:

STATIC
{
    mesh = GTEndStation.mu
    module = Part
    static = true
    manufacturer = XuanDe
    name = GTEndStation
    author = XuanDe
    title = RailSta End _GT
    category = XuanDe
    cost = 0
    description = carts turn around here, click the core of rail
    keepConvex = False
    isSquad = False
    isHidden = False
    DefaultFacilityType = None

MODULE
    {
        namespace = KerbalKonstructs
        name = AnimateOnClick
        collider = pCube141
        animationName = CD4
    }

MODULE
    {
        // Optional
        HighlightOnHover = True// should the object lightened up when the mouse goes over it
        animationSpeed = 1 // Animation speed 
    }
}

we have more complex station WIP, we really need to that Green.
Closed Beta now, but will send MU and texture if need ~ Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm having trouble understanding the filesystem for Kerbal Konstructs. Hopefully someone can help. I've followed the tutorial multiple times and successfully created three bases over the course of my time playing a save--one on the Mun, one on Minmus, and one on Gilly. During the play instance I created the Minmus and Gilly bases, I was able to return to the VAB, pick a ship, and launch from them. Ship recovery and radar recognition didn't work, however. Upon closing the game and returning at any time thereafter, the Minmus and Gilly bases remain visible on the map but cannot be selected from the VAB ever again, even going into the KK menu and looking for something to "open" (I had it set open by default).  The Mun base still works fine across loads. I have identical settings on all three.

Now to my question, which I think relates to the filesystem. The tutorial suggests making a new folder to hold your base files. Mine are in Mods/KerbalKonstructsSites/Kerbal-Konstructs/Statics/ Then I have folders for "MunBaseAlpha," "Minmus Base," and "Gilly Base." Should these not be three separate folders?  The part names are identical, which would overwrite all but one, even though the base name files differ. Or is the problem just that the other two folders have spaces in the names? Thanks!

EDIT: Huh... the Gilly base is currently selectable (new startup again), I guess because its files remain in the folder in the main KK mod folder... Minmus is still unusable...

Edited by BrobDingnag
new information

On 2/24/2024 at 8:25 AM, BrobDingnag said:

Huh... the Gilly base is currently selectable (new startup again), I guess because its files remain in the folder in the main KK mod folder... Minmus is still unusable...

KK tends to be quirky and will lose settings from time to time. Counter intuitively, especially if the folder containing the statics is inside the KK folder structure. KK can find any unique Static as long as it is in the GameData folder. So most times it is best to store your Statics in a folder in GameData that is out side of the KK folder structure. It will find them but be less likely to change the settings. This includes the config files that tell KK what static goes where in the game world and all other settings for your self created layouts.

After upgrading my RSS and Scatterer/EVE my game is no longer loading. Observing the logs I can see that KK has difficulties finding the CelestialBody "Earth" but I am not sure why. The definition is there, perhaps the load sequence?

--

Edit: scratch that, KK is responding to an issue in Kopernicus

Edited by MacLuky

On 2/24/2024 at 7:45 PM, ColdJ said:

KK tends to be quirky and will lose settings from time to time. Counter intuitively, especially if the folder containing the statics is inside the KK folder structure. KK can find any unique Static as long as it is in the GameData folder. So most times it is best to store your Statics in a folder in GameData that is out side of the KK folder structure. It will find them but be less likely to change the settings. This includes the config files that tell KK what static goes where in the game world and all other settings for your self created layouts.

Thanks! I think I found the problem. It was that the folders had spaces in the names. Got rid of the spaces and all my sites now show up perfectly in the separate folder (except Minmus, so I've clearly made my own mistake there). They can have spaces in the names within the game itself, so there's no compromise on appearance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 2:21 AM, Perigee Aerospace said:

Also having the same issue with Control + K not working on 1.12. I am currently just reinstalling KK. If this doesn't work, I'll post a log here.

well how did it go?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, is there any fix or workaround on the issue of statics "moving" when on rails? Like i'll plop everything and i'll make every static be on the same height relative to one another, then i fly away and when i come back, some statics have shifted, some are slightly higher or lower and there's bumps everywhere... Using Kerbinside Remastered. In any case, thanks in advance