[KSP >= 1.3.1] Distant Object Enhancement (DOE) /L - Under new Management - 2.2.0.2 - 2024-0803

Lisias

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Merlin1809 said:

Did the new version remove the ingame settings? They are no longer in the toolbar and I couldn't find them anywhere. 2.1.1.16 works normally.

Nope. You found something.

Please send me your KSP.log.

=== == = POST EDIT = == ===

I had fired up DOE both on 1.4.3 and the latest (1.12.5 at this time - hey, we can hope! :)). All the new use cases are working, so nope - this is not anything I let pass trough.

I'm reasonably convinced that you have something botched on your rig, triggering that pesky Assembly Loader/Resolver bug, that so screws up everything else in need to rely on Reflection.[famous last words...]

Send me the KSP.log and I will have it diagnosed, so you can fix your rig.

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

@Lisias thanks for the update. I'm also not seeing the DOE menu icon (flight or space center). Highly modded JNSQ install...

player log   KSP log

Also wondering if you were able to fix the duplicated labels for the Kerbal-made satellites? (I can't see labels for any satellites now, only CBs. I guess that's a setting in the menu that doesn't exist for me now). I see PR #29 but you couldn't reproduce it. 

I reverted to v2.1.1.16 and confirmed the menu icon is functioning in Space Center (not in flight but that's the option I selected in the menu). Also I just discovered the labels are only duplicated for Kerbal-made satellites that are beyond rendering range... if I can see its flare then the label works correctly. 

DOE settings

Edited by Krazy1
link

8 hours ago, Lisias said:

Nope. You found something.

Please send me your KSP.log.

I had fired up DOE both on 1.4.3 and the latest (1.12.5 at this time - hey, we can hope! :)). All the new use cases are working, so nope - this is not anything I let pass trough.

I'm reasonably convinced that you have something botched on your rig, triggering that pesky Assembly Loader/Resolver bug, that so screws up everything else in need to rely on Reflection.

Send me the KSP.log and I will have it diagnosed, so you can fix your rig.

My KSP log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1POGlYA_Lp_XeeG_xZJb1fu2ftZuCt9a5/view

There is an exception at "22:30:29.388" related to DistantObject and its settings GUI. Don't know if that is the cause of this problem.

@Krazy1, @Merlin1809, please revert to 2.1.1.6 for while.

Both of you guys have the same problem:

[EXC 22:30:05.940] ArgumentException: parsing "^saves\" - Illegal \ at end of pattern.
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanBackslash () (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanRegex () (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.Parse (System.String re, System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptionsop) (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor (System.String pattern, System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptionsoptions, System.TimeSpan matchTimeout, System.Boolean useCache) (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace (System.String input, System.String pattern, System.String replacement, System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptions options, System.TimeSpan matchTimeout) (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace (System.String input, System.String pattern, System.String replacement) (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    KSPe.IO.Hierarchy.Calculate (System.Boolean createDirs, System.String fname, System.String& partialPathname, System.String&fullPathname) (at <fb95645e8d1745b59ed2351fbe7231a0> :0)
    KSPe.IO.Hierarchy.Solve (System.Boolean createDirs, System.String fname, System.String[] fnames) (at <fb95645e8d1745b59ed2351fbe7231a0>:0)
    KSPe.IO.Hierarchy.Solve (System.String fname, System.String[] fnames) (at <fb95645e8d1745b59ed2351fbe7231a0>:0)
    DistantObject.Globals.get_CONFIG_PATHNAME () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.Settings.LoadSettings () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.Settings.Load () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.SettingsGui.ReadSettings () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.SettingsGui.Awake () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.SettingsGuiOnGameScenes.Awake () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

I need more information about your running environment, because this code is working for me. Are you using Proton?

3 minutes ago, Lisias said:

@Krazy1, @Merlin1809, please revert to 2.1.1.6 for while.

Both of you guys have the same problem:

[EXC 22:30:05.940] ArgumentException: parsing "^saves\" - Illegal \ at end of pattern.
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanBackslash () (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanRegex () (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.Parse (System.String re, System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptionsop) (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor (System.String pattern, System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptionsoptions, System.TimeSpan matchTimeout, System.Boolean useCache) (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace (System.String input, System.String pattern, System.String replacement, System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptions options, System.TimeSpan matchTimeout) (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace (System.String input, System.String pattern, System.String replacement) (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    KSPe.IO.Hierarchy.Calculate (System.Boolean createDirs, System.String fname, System.String& partialPathname, System.String&fullPathname) (at <fb95645e8d1745b59ed2351fbe7231a0> :0)
    KSPe.IO.Hierarchy.Solve (System.Boolean createDirs, System.String fname, System.String[] fnames) (at <fb95645e8d1745b59ed2351fbe7231a0>:0)
    KSPe.IO.Hierarchy.Solve (System.String fname, System.String[] fnames) (at <fb95645e8d1745b59ed2351fbe7231a0>:0)
    DistantObject.Globals.get_CONFIG_PATHNAME () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.Settings.LoadSettings () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.Settings.Load () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.SettingsGui.ReadSettings () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.SettingsGui.Awake () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    DistantObject.SettingsGuiOnGameScenes.Awake () (at <0af4b36e98eb46beaaf864ed90a99393>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

I need more information about your running environment, because this code is working for me. Are you using Proton?

You mean the linux software to run steam games? No I'm using windows 11.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Merlin1809 said:

You mean the linux software to run steam games? No I'm using windows 11.

So I know what to do. A fix will be published in the next few hours.

=== == = UPDATE = == ===

@Merlin1809, @Krazy1, it was my fault. I forgot to check a critical code on Windows.

There's a HOT-UPDATE on https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/DistantObject/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F2.2.0.0

Please download it, unzip and replace the file <KSP-ROOT>/GameData/DistantObject/Plugins/KSPe.Light.DOE.dll.

I think this should work for you.

I'm currently trying to test this thing, but something happened on my Windows notebook - that damned thing is taking more time to startup KSP (using a M2 SSD!) than my old MacPotato does using spinning disks!!

As long as I confirm the fix on that sad excuse of OS called Windows, I will rush a new build.

Edited by Lisias
UPDATE

59 minutes ago, Lisias said:

So I know what to do. A fix will be published in the next few hours.

=== == = UPDATE = == ===

@Merlin1809, @Krazy1, it was my fault. I forgot to check a critical code on Windows.

There's a HOT-UPDATE on https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/DistantObject/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F2.2.0.0

Please download it, unzip and replace the file <KSP-ROOT>/GameData/DistantObject/Plugins/KSPe.Light.DOE.dll.

I think this should work for you.

I'm currently trying to test this thing, but something happened on my Windows notebook - that damned thing is taking more time to startup KSP (using a M2 SSD!) than my old MacPotato does using spinning disks!!

As long as I confirm the fix on that sad excuse of OS called Windows, I will rush a new build.

Works! Thanks.

Posted (edited)

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.2.0.1 2.2.0.2 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• Updates KSPe.Light to the latest
    • fixes a bug on handling Regex on Windows pathnames
  • Fixes a dumb mistake on customizing a GUIStyle.
  • Add's (transparent) support for Kopernicus
  • Adds a blacklist to prevent some bodies from being flared (and labeled)
  • Allows customising the Fly Over Labels for vessels and bodies
  • Allows per savegame settings
  • Finally fix that pesky Settings Dialog being too tall.

Being able to choose the Fly Over Labels size and font is nice! :)

Being able to run the damned thing on Windows is even better... :/

Thanks for @Merlin1809 and @Krazy1 for the bug reports!

See OP for the links.

KeepWalking.jpg

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub. Right Now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock.  Right Now.

Since it's a small (big) bug fix, all the Distribution Channels were updated at once.

Edited by Lisias
Uh... 2.2.0.2...

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Merlin1809 said:

Ahem... Don't like to annoy you, but now there is another issue with mechjeb menus being formatted wrong (happened after I installed that fix): https://imgur.com/a/MSLoOnu

KSP Log if that helps

No need for the log, there will be nothing fishy on it.

I think I forgot to duplicate the GUI.Skin before customizing it on my GUI toolkit.

Damn, everything I push uses that toolkit, I'm screwing MechJeb. :(

I'm working on it.

Weird... The problem is not on KSPe, my toolkit is creating new GUiStyles as it should... Meno Male, is appears to be something on DOE itself so.

=== == = POST POST EDIT = == ===

FOUND IT! Fixing it.

=== === POST POST POST EDIT = == ===

I ditched 2.2.0.1 and replaced it with 2.2.0.2. This should fix the mishap on MJ2!

Edited by Lisias
POST POST EDIT

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Merlin1809 said:

Noticed a small issue with the text font slider, all other sliders seem fine

Yep, I confirm it on KSP 1.12.5. I don't know how I had missed this one - I don't remember it doing it when I coded it.

Hummm... Let's check KSP 1.4.3 (it's the second faster loading KSP around here, second only to 1.3 - it's the reason I like developing on it when possible!). Nope, it's there too... But slightly different, the slider start jumping only near the end of the track.

Oh, well... I will check this next week. This one is not a show stopper, it can wait a bit (had other duties to carry on).

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/DistantObject/issues/48

1 hour ago, Merlin1809 said:

(last bug I find, I promise :) ): 

By all means, Keep Walking Reporting! Believe me, users reporting bugs are the second best thing on Software Development, second only to having the bugs fixed! :D

Cheers (and thanks!)

Edited by Lisias
Adding github issue link

10 minutes ago, Krazy1 said:

Well, then I don't want you to miss my report on the duplicated names above. Added to issue 29.

Hey, great debugging!

Now things start to make sense... I'm preventing the label duplication while handling flares, and missed the use case where the flares are suppressed!

Now I know there to look! Thanks!

Hey I have a suggestion for DOE! So the dynamic skybox dimming feature has a setting for maximum sky brightness. But I'm using TUFX to control my camera's exposure. I do want the dimming, but I don't want it to be dynamic. Currently there isn't an option for this in DOE. So I was thinking it would be nice to have the max brightness setting be separate from dynamic dimming, so that you can adjust the brightness without needing it to be dynamic. Alternatively, you could add a minimum brightness setting, which could be used to basically do the same thing.

14 hours ago, rheaunderstars said:

Hey I have a suggestion for DOE! So the dynamic skybox dimming feature has a setting for maximum sky brightness. But I'm using TUFX to control my camera's exposure. I do want the dimming, but I don't want it to be dynamic. Currently there isn't an option for this in DOE. So I was thinking it would be nice to have the max brightness setting be separate from dynamic dimming, so that you can adjust the brightness without needing it to be dynamic. Alternatively, you could add a minimum brightness setting, which could be used to basically do the same thing.

I will work on it, but can't give you a dealine!

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/DistantObject/issues/49

On 8/3/2024 at 4:20 AM, Merlin1809 said:

Did the new version remove the ingame settings? They are no longer in the toolbar and I couldn't find them anywhere. 2.1.1.16 works normally.

I was having the same issue. There was also a bug in my map view; I couldn't see the skybox. The background was just black. 

I reverted back to the previous version and it's working again.

13 hours ago, CoryMHughes said:

I was having the same issue. There was also a bug in my map view; I couldn't see the skybox. The background was just black. 

I reverted back to the previous version and it's working again.

I need the KSP.log in order to see what's wrong! Please publish your KSP.log

5 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

I added a feature request for skybox dimming to be integrated with Scatterer shadows. It does not seem easy but it would be excellent.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/DistantObject/issues/50

Thx! I added some comments.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

So I looked at the previous messages on this page, but I still seem to be having the issue where DOE isnt showing up on the side toolbar, I have the latest version installed, and Ive tried manually installing it and ckan installing it. Any help?

Send me the KSP.log. Whatever is wrong in your rig, it will show on it.

12 minutes ago, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

I apologize but I've never done that before, where can I access my logs and how do I put them here? Sorry again

Not a problem. I'm assuming you are on Windows, right? Do you use Steam? You can find it on the steamlibray folder:

Screenshot-KSPLogLocation.png

(source)

Use dropbox to share it with us: https://help.dropbox.com/share/share-with-others (there's a video on this link)

You can open that directory from Steam:

800px-Steam_menu.png

(Source)

Or you can ask Windows for the File Location of a shortcut from your Desktop, if you (or someone else) created the shortcut in the Desktop (if the shortcut was created by Steam, it will not work):

open-file-location.png

https://fileinfo.com/help/windows_shortcut_original_file_location

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Not a problem. I'm assuming you are on Windows, right? Do you use Steam? You can find it on the steamlibray folder:

Screenshot-KSPLogLocation.png

(source)

Use dropbox to share it with us: https://help.dropbox.com/share/share-with-others (there's a video on this link)

You can open that directory from Steam:

800px-Steam_menu.png

(Source)

Or you can ask Windows for the File Location of a shortcut from your Desktop, if you (or someone else) created the shortcut in the Desktop (if the shortcut was created by Steam, it will not work):

open-file-location.png

https://fileinfo.com/help/windows_shortcut_original_file_location

Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/uwkcwsnnslom3eg3tcqud/ksp-log.txt?rlkey=fm1q0cuh5yp9vtvn1a7woem1d&st=gmu15q75&dl=0 I hope that this works