Love the Tutorials idea/development - Will they extend to things like the KAL-1000, Action Groups and other Late Game stuff?

My intrepid 11 y.o. decided she wanted to blow up some rockets try out KSP.  I'm trying to let her figure stuff out on her own.  Has me thinking about the tutorials and how some of the later added stuff was daunting for me as a Liberal Arts background player.  How much more would it be for a kid?

I love the idea of the 'cartoon' tutorials teaching basics, but I hope that the KSP2 tutorials extend to some of the other stuff - including things that Science background people just intrinsically 'get', but that the rest of us neandertals struggle with.

If it's hard for someone with a Liberal Arts background, I'm thinking it'll be fine for a 11yo kid. Heh.

I have touched the tutorials exactly once, when they were introduced, so I don't think I'm really up to speed there. Honestly, the ease at which people learn KSP is just all over the place, is what experience tells me, with no head or tail as to what factor really help or deters. Know a numbskull who took to it like a fish takes to water, while I know of someone else whom I would have expected to do very well but effectively ragequit forever after two hours. As long as the tutorials helps the most amount of people, the better, but you'll always lose some players no matter how well they are crafted.

Edited by Axelord FTW

I don't think there are many people who are born with an understanding of how to adjust orbits or do orbital rendezvous. That's something that will be a challenge to teach anybody, and there will be frustration and much failure involved. It's the Kerbal way. I'm thinking the optional tutorial system they're doing was the right choice. It'll be there to teach the concepts if you need it, without being hand-holding.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO...

EVERYTHING should have a tutorial, or at the very least an instruction page, to explain what it is and does, and what the associated settings do.

When you have a toggle for 'Awesome Cool Thing' and all the instructions say is that it turns the 'Awesome Cool Thing' on or off it doesn't help much.  We need to know what the 'Awesome Cool Thing' feature actually is and does.

As another request, allow modders to add their own videos or even web links to play videos hosted online, because the stock game will never be able to explain everything (like the stuff in "things KSP doesn't teach you" by Scott Manley) and so being able to install a mod that could explain those things by adding more animations would be cool.