Kronal Vessel Viewer refuses to work... at all

Hello there! Recently, I have been having major problems with Kronal Vessel Viewer. When I say major, I mean that the little button for KVV doesn't even show up. The mod doesn't work at all. I have downloaded the dependencies, but they haven't worked either. I have done what I do with every mod which is putting the extracted .rar or .zip into the GameData folder. I suspect two problems that I can't fix myself;

1. the Toolbar Controller and ClickThroughBlocker dependencies are for different versions, as one of them doesn't support 1.9 and only 1.8

2. the latest continued Kronal Vessel Viewer I could find is for 1.9.1 and I am running 1.12.2

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Fingers crossed,

SecondHandRocketScience, Founder and Chairman of Acorn Aeronautics

On 12/31/2021 at 3:29 PM, HebaruSan said:

Hi, here's how you can get support:

Alrighty, here's some technical mumbo jumbo:

Logs - https://ufile.io/dckc5wnu (I'm pretty sure this is the logs, I'm not 100% sure. Also, this is a link to download the file, you can't view it online with the site I picked)

Installed mods - Kronal Vessel Viewer for 1.9.1, ToolbarController for 1.9.1, ClickThroughBlocker for 1.8.0. I've noticed that ClickThroughBlocker might be the problem and would appreciate a download for ClickThroughBlocker that is for 1.9.1.

That's all.

1 minute ago, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

Alrighty, here's some technical mumbo jumbo:

Logs - https://ufile.io/dckc5wnu (I'm pretty sure this is the logs, I'm not 100% sure. Also, this is a link to download the file, you can't view it online with the site I picked)

Installed mods - Kronal Vessel Viewer for 1.9.1, ToolbarController for 1.9.1, ClickThroughBlocker for 1.8.0. I've noticed that ClickThroughBlocker might be the problem and would appreciate a download for ClickThroughBlocker that is for 1.9.1.

That's all.

You have multiple problems, starting with the version of KSP is 1.12.0, you should update it to 1.12.3

Second, it's not supported in anything after 1.9.1

Third, you have the wrong versions for ToolbarController 

and third, you don't even have the ClickThroughBlocker installed

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You have multiple problems, starting with the version of KSP is 1.12.0, you should update it to 1.12.3

Since it's such an old mod, would updating KSP even do anything? I'd think that being an older version would actually help older mods a tiny bit. Of course, I'm no professional, but that's what I thought.

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Third, you have the wrong versions for ToolbarController 

and third, you don't even have the ClickThroughBlocker installed

For not supported in 1.9.1, do you mean KVV or one of the dependencies?

For wrong versions, do you mean I should update the dependencies to 1.12.0 instead of trying to get broken dependencies that are the same version as the older mod?

For not having ClickThroughBlocker, it's currently in my GameData folder. I've only extracted it, and not touched it after that. Also, now I am getting a message on startup:

Kronal Vessel Viewer has been installed incorrectly and will not function properly. All files should be located in KSP\GameData\KronalVesselViewer. Do not move any files from inside that folder. Incorrect path(s):

GameData\GameData\KronalVesselViewer\Plugins\KronalUtils.dll

Any help is appreciated.

22 minutes ago, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

For not supported in 1.9.1, do you mean KVV or one of the dependencies?

For wrong versions, do you mean I should update the dependencies to 1.12.0 instead of trying to get broken dependencies that are the same version as the older mod?

For not having ClickThroughBlocker, it's currently in my GameData folder. I've only extracted it, and not touched it after that. Also, now I am getting a message on startup:

Kronal Vessel Viewer has been installed incorrectly and will not function properly. All files should be located in KSP\GameData\KronalVesselViewer. Do not move any files from inside that folder. Incorrect path(s):

Any help is appreciated.

Would be best to install your mods using CKAN, it installs them correctly with the correct dependencies

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would be best to install your mods using CKAN, it installs them correctly with the correct dependencies

Alright, I'll look into CKAN. Didn't know that it existed prior from now.

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I went to Release Hubble · KSP-CKAN/CKAN · GitHub and followed the steps there, however when I run the .exe file like the instructions tell me a blank black box and something that looks like an altered version of Task Manager comes up. The aforementioned Task Manager is titled "Manage Game Instances" and it has a few options. There is "Cancel" "Delete" and "Add a new Instance to CKAN". There was nothing in the instructions about this. Could you tell me how this works?

19 hours ago, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

Incorrect path(s):

Any help is appreciated.

I have highlighted the problem in red bold text. You have a GameData folder inside your GameData folder. Don't do that. There should be only one GameData folder.

7 minutes ago, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

The aforementioned Task Manager is titled "Manage Game Instances" and it has a few options. There is "Cancel" "Delete" and "Add a new Instance to CKAN". There was nothing in the instructions about this. Could you tell me how this works?

You need to tell it where your copy of KSP is located. Some documentation is here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#adding-game-folders

33 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I have highlighted the problem in red bold text. You have a GameData folder inside your GameData folder. Don't do that. There should be only one GameData folder.

You need to tell it where your copy of KSP is located. Some documentation is here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#adding-game-folders

Thank you! That GameData folder was made by one of the dependencies when I extracted it; it immediately created a new GameData folder after extraction and nestled itself in there. I thought it was meant to do that. I'll fix these two problems and keep my fingers crossed. 

PS: I wouldn't call myself tech savvy, but I'm not normally this dumb!

Edited by Second Hand Rocket Science
Deleted stupid thing that I hadn't looked into properly

Goddamn it! I hate this stupid thing! My new error message is:

GameData\KronalVesselViewer-0.1.1\GameData\KronalVesselViewer\Plugins\KronalUtils.dll

It's as if I've downloaded two KVVs, but you can trust me when I say there's only one in my GameData folder.

I also forgot to update my dependencies. I'll do that now and report back.

Updated dependencies. Now my dependencies work but KVV does not. Well, that's one problem solved.

Added more detail to my bug report

12 minutes ago, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

Goddamn it! I hate this stupid thing! My new error message is:

GameData\KronalVesselViewer-0.1.1\GameData\KronalVesselViewer\Plugins\KronalUtils.dll

It's as if I've downloaded two KVVs, but you can trust me when I say there's only one in my GameData folder.

I also forgot to update my dependencies. I'll do that now and report back.

Updated dependencies. Now my dependencies work but KVV does not. Well, that's one problem solved.

Upload a new log file

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Upload a new log file

Alrighty. https://we.tl/t-oic7aIe5KY I added CKAN, but when I ask it to auto-update it says something along the lines of "You already have (insert file name).dll on your computer. Aborting download to prevent two of the same mods being downloaded to your device."

Added CKAN details

37 minutes ago, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

I added CKAN, but when I ask it to auto-update it says something along the lines of "You already have (insert file name).dll on your computer. Aborting download to prevent two of the same mods being downloaded to your device."

Sounds like more files that are installed incorrectly. You may get some benefits from reading this, it goes into details on how to install mods and avoid common pitfalls:

4 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Sounds like more files that are installed incorrectly. You may get some benefits from reading this, it goes into details on how to install mods and avoid common pitfalls:

I'm gonna try deleting my current mods and letting CKAN do the work for me. I'll report back soon.

Looks like either CKAN doesn't support KVV or it's too old to work. In the CKAN tutorial it says to click the box on the left, but the box on the left isn't there, instead being replaced by a dash. Not sure if this can be fixed.

1 hour ago, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

I'm gonna try deleting my current mods and letting CKAN do the work for me. I'll report back soon.

Looks like either CKAN doesn't support KVV or it's too old to work. In the CKAN tutorial it says to click the box on the left, but the box on the left isn't there, instead being replaced by a dash. Not sure if this can be fixed.

It works, but you need to tell CKAN that it's compatible.  It was last updated for 1.9.1  

Do these steps:

• In  CKAN, click the Settings menu
  • Then click the Compatible game versions
  • This will open up a dialog which looks like this:

KFQQFqA.png

• You want to put check marks in front of the top four, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12, so it looks like this:

QgjjYvO.png

• Then click the Accept button
  • You will now be able to install Kronal along with all it's dependencies

1 hour ago, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

it's too old to work.

Yes, I think the co-maintainer said:

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you want to try installing it anyway, you can tell CKAN to consider 1.9 as compatible:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

Just now, HebaruSan said:

Yes, I think the co-maintainer said:

If you want to try installing it anyway, you can tell CKAN to consider 1.9 as compatible:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

I'm not supporting this anymore, it's now supported by @Kerbas_ad_astra, I've also seen comments that it does mostly work in 1.12

38 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It works, but you need to tell CKAN that it's compatible.  It was last updated for 1.9.1  

Do these steps:

• In  CKAN, click the Settings menu
  • Then click the Compatible game versions
  • This will open up a dialog which looks like this:

KFQQFqA.png

• You want to put check marks in front of the top four, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12, so it looks like this:

QgjjYvO.png

• Then click the Accept button
  • You will now be able to install Kronal along with all it's dependencies

Alright, I'll try that.

Sorry for the delay in updates, y'all. KVV, after a successful CKAN download, now works! Thanks for all your help. I've been trying to get KVV to work for a few weeks now. Yours sincerely,

SecondHandRocketScience, Founder and Chairman of Acorn Aeronautics

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.