How long and when did you start playing KSP?

SudAntares

I remember I watched Robbaz for quite a long time, playing KSP. It was really funny, especially the VSP series and THE CUBE! Also at that time I found Scott's channel as well.
Then I bought the game at 0.25 I guess. Later in 1.9 I built the very first hanging base under one of the Münar arches. It was before the anchor was implemented (1.12). Love you guys. Thanks for this miracle!

Sept, 2012 version 0.17

First heard of the game when Jef Major posted a let's play video on YouTube. Bought the game a few days later for $18 US. Played the game continuously through version 1.2.2, then decided to take a short break from the game. That short break ended up being about 4 years. Started playing again with version 1.10.1.

I remember stumbling across some screenshots of it on DeviantArt in 2011, at the time I did not know what It was so I googled Kerbal Space Program and found out it was a game. So I downloaded it and I Have been a Kerbanaut ever since that point in time. I even remembered doodling a design for a spacecraft in one of my notebooks I used for French class in High School. 

Spring 2016, version 1.1.2 Wheels were fiddly, no TWR readouts, no ground altitude, no advanced tweakables, no prioritizing fuelflow, no comms networking, no DLC's, to name a few. Quite a few parts and planets looked different, no mesh selector.

I found it a real hard game to get into at that time. After a first playthrough I started using mods (engineering redux, lifesaver!), made a bunch of different installs with different mod-sets. I can't tell how many hours I've put into KSP.

Nowaday's I find the basegame so much more matured that lately I'm playing vanilla. No, that's a lie. I still use Kerbal RnD to use the surplus sciencepoints after the techtree is completed.

Best game ever!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.