ColdJ

On 4/2/2022 at 6:59 AM, ColdJ said:

I am not really experienced at Log problems. At a guess it is because I left that module in but didn't provide the texture set for the RCS thrusters. If it is a problem for you then you can either delete or comment out the module in the config file. To comment out  a module just put 2 forward slashes in front of MODULE as in the following example. It doesn't stop it working and you would only notice what you have put if you open up the Alt f12 console.

// MODULE
    {
        name = FXModuleAnimateRCS
        animationName = linearRCSGlow
        responseSpeed = 0.01    
        thrustForceMult = 2    
    }

Hope that helps.

Sorry to be a bother but as @Stone Blue recommended, please comment out or delete the whole block for that module, not just the line for the word MODULE. If a config node (the block) needs to go then please, properly have all of it go. Don't even let the config parser scoop up a chunk of non-config.

Any experienced coder (that is, making plugins/dll's or non-KSP software) wouldn't entertain this because if nothing else, it leads to inefficiency, and if it piles up (due to making a habit of it) it will eventually get ugly.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sorry to be a bother but as @Stone Blue recommended, please comment out or delete the whole block for that module, not just the line for the word MODULE. If a config node (the block) needs to go then please, properly have all of it go. Don't even let the config parser scoop up a chunk of non-config.

Any experienced coder (that is, making plugins/dll's or non-KSP software) wouldn't entertain this because if nothing else, it leads to inefficiency, and if it piles up (due to making a habit of it) it will eventually get ugly.

This was a quick solution to a concern a member had many months ago and I actually said delete or comment out.

I was not suggesting to build config files by having it full of commented out modules. I was replying to @Stone Blue ,who suddenly made a comment about a post from 4/2/2022, that through much observation and many hundreds of configs, that commenting out in front of MODULE will cause the program to ignore that whole section. I used to comment out every line until I kept coming across config after config from both KSP and Mods where only the MODULE line was commented out. So when building a config file it is quicker to do it that way. Obviously when you have your final config finished and don't forget, because as you would know well there are a lot of little details to try to remember when you are preparing for release, it is best practice to have removed any module that is not part of the final build.

I know the importance of syntax in the config files well as there is nothing like having a part not show up because of something as small as accidentally having put a comma instead of a period in a node co-ordinate.

I hope that covers your concerns.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.