Is there any mod that turns your entire vessel into a single rigid body?

For filmmaking reasons I made a super long interplanetary vessel (nearly half the length of KSC runway) and now the ship will fold in on itself even when the RCSs fire...... autostrut won't help as I already strut every single part. Is there a mod that makes the game physics just treat the entire ship as one part?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 10:24 PM, KerbalMurderer said:

Is there a mod that makes the game physics just treat the entire ship as one part?

Not when in flight. UbioWelding is definitly the way to go. Even if you are just welding the trusses.

Either that or use a MM patch to extend a truss bit but the part will look quite stretched.

On 7/5/2022 at 10:42 AM, Watermel00n said:

Kerbal joint reinforcement will do the trick if you want stronger joints.

For treating it as one part, use UbioWelding!

Wait, i didn't know we had a welding plugin, what can we do with it? Can we create clusters of engines and treating it as one single part? And what happens if we weld parts connected by a decoupler? Will the decoupler still work or it deletes de decoupler module?

On 7/18/2022 at 1:14 AM, mateusviccari said:

Wait, i didn't know we had a welding plugin, what can we do with it? Can we create clusters of engines and treating it as one single part? And what happens if we weld parts connected by a decoupler? Will the decoupler still work or it deletes de decoupler module?

Not entirely sure.  It may dofunny things with plumes for engines.

Decouplers idk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.