[1.9.x - 1.12.x] BDArmory Plus (BDA+) v1.6.11.0 [2024-02-22]

DocNappers

On 2/20/2024 at 11:33 AM, DocNappers said:

The infinite ammo option is for gun, laser and rocket type weapons (you may also need infinite EC for lasers, depending on the laser).

The infinite ordinance option is for missiles/bombs, but it only works for reloadable missile launchers, such as the "Twin-mount Missile Rail", "Deployable Missile Pod (Reloading)", "C-VLS-12" and "C-VLS-24" MissilePods and "VLS Quad Cell" from BDArmory-Extended (basically anything with the ModuleMissileRearm module in the part config. So, for infinite bombs, you could add some twin rails or a reloadable deployable missile pod to your craft and add whichever bombs you want to use to them and have this option enabled.

tried this with a missile rail and it didnt work unless im missing something 

EDIT: never mind just had to install bd extended and use the rails u said

Edited by haydne

Hi, so I'm having some problems with the vessel mover and switcher, mainly that the vessel mover isn't really taking the craft, the craft gets picked up by the vessel mover but falls back to the ground. Vessel switcher seems to change the orientation and the craft crashes because of that.

I have quiet a few mods installed but my guess is currently some problem with far and rss. The other mods are mainly parts or likely unrelated, so my question is, are there any problems related to far known?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Edited by AMPW

17 hours ago, AMPW said:

Hi, so I'm having some problems with the vessel mover and switcher, mainly that the vessel mover isn't really taking the craft, the craft gets picked up by the vessel mover but falls back to the ground. Vessel switcher seems to change the orientation and the craft crashes because of that.

I have quiet a few mods installed but my guess is currently some problem with far and rss. The other mods are mainly parts or likely unrelated, so my question is, are there any problems related to far known?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

I haven't heard of that happening before. You'll need to look in your KSP.log file to see what exceptions are being thrown, which will likely tell you which mod is the root of the problem.

The Logs haven't shown any obvious problem but through some testing I found out that principa was the problem. Idk why because it's for a totally different part but at least I found the root.

On 2/23/2024 at 9:39 AM, AMPW said:

The Logs haven't shown any obvious problem but through some testing I found out that principa was the problem. Idk why because it's for a totally different part but at least I found the root.

Principia makes big changes to how the physics works, chances are that when you pick up the craft the vessel manager is having to fight Principia because both of them are trying to change where the vehicle is. Generally having multiple mods which change the physics of how craft move active at the same time can cause issues due to all of them trying to do something to the craft simultaneously IDK the actual compatibility of the vessel mover with PersistentThrust or wind mods (I suspect the latter may be more of an issue than the former)  but if you do encounter this type of issue they're the first suspects if nothing shoes up on the log. They're all working properly, just that the combined result isn't what you want.

22 minutes ago, JoshTheKerbal said:

Does anyone have a problem where Team A won't fire anything, ever? It's ruining my dogfights because Team B would win by walkover 100% of the time.

Researched this even further and discovered that the problem can affect either team at random. Has anyone had this problem or is it just me?

25 minutes ago, JoshTheKerbal said:

Researched this even further and discovered that the problem can affect either team at random. Has anyone had this problem or is it just me?

Enable debugging for Weapons and AI in the settings and then check the log and on-screen telemetry when this happens to see if there's a problem with some of the craft.

307586543-f6360e02-e908-4b69-8ec8-462f5b

50 minutes ago, DocNappers said:

Enable debugging for Weapons and AI in the settings and then check the log and on-screen telemetry when this happens to see if there's a problem with some of the craft.

307586543-f6360e02-e908-4b69-8ec8-462f5b

It was (apparently) nothing? Team A managed to shoot down one of the Team B planes when I was debugging. It was just that Team A didn't shoot enough for some reason

Edited by JoshTheKerbal

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Natso said:

How can I attack multiple targets at once through radar? , the radar only allows me to guide and shoot 1 target

Lock your first target, fire an ARH missile, unlock the first target and lock your second target, fire your second ARH missile.

The AI is a lot better at this than a human can be.

4 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Lock your first target, fire an ARH missile, unlock the first target and lock your second target, fire your second ARH missile.

The AI is a lot better at this than a human can be.

I mean the AAM-Radar missile , even though I tried locking on 2 targets at the same time, the missile only aimed at 1 target

12 hours ago, Natso said:

I mean the AAM-Radar missile , even though I tried locking on 2 targets at the same time, the missile only aimed at 1 target

yeah, simultaneous lock doesn't work very well under player control. You'll have to do one at a time to get consistency.

13 hours ago, InconspicuousKraken said:

Is there any place I could find a complete list of missile config parameters? It's frustrating when I keep encountering more that aren't documented. Is there a section in the mod code somewhere?

You've checked the wiki, right? What are you missing?

• 1 month later...

Can someone tell me how to let the IR taregting camera lock(with the "IR" on the screen instead of the "NO IR")a further object ? Now I can only increase its zoom multiplier and the locking distance at which the display "NO IR" is displayed, but I hope that it will be able to guide SALH missiles at a distance of at least 20km.