Parts Pack Suggestions

Kerbalsaurus

I've played KSP for a year now, and have wondered if maybe I should get parts packs. I've tried them out before, but haven't kept them permanently (except Modular Launch Pads). I was wondering if the community had parts pack suggestions. Keep in mind they can't be too big. I'm running a Core i3 UHD computer with 8GB of RAM, with 100GB left of free space on my Windows C: Drive.

You’re going to need to be specific. What sort of parts do you want? There are mods that add everything from historical replicas to hypothetical futuristic interstellar engines to huge SSTO spaceplanes.

Find some area that you think the stock parts don’t give you enough options and then look for mods that expand it e.g. if you want more rocket propellant options try something like Cryo Engines or CRE.

I'd recommend Nertea's mods - in particular it sounds like his Kerbal Atomics might be exactly what you're looking for.

In terms of the theme, Nertea's parts feel like a stock extension to me. I prefer extremely stockalike parts and I have several of his mods.

At the very least I would recommend Restock+, as it fills in many gaps in the stock part selection.

There's a very stockalike pair of mods for base parts and rover parts: KPBS (Kerbal Planetary Base Systems) and FUR (Feline Utility Rover). Alongside them you'll want the utility mods KIS and KAS (Kerbal Inventory/Attachment Systems) as the parts should all be lightweight enough that you can have just a few kerbals walk around and pick up pieces to (re)attach them after delivering them somewhere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.