AI—image/text/paperclip maximizer?

tater

11 hours ago, DDE said:

v-QZIP-K7JI.jpg?size=824x1370&quality=95

Meanwhile, a program for detecting essays written using AI has been created, and is apparently causing false accusations from professors around the country. Source is Reddit.

Edited by SunlitZelkova

30 minutes ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Meanwhile, a program for detecting essays written using AI has been created, and is apparently causing false accusations from professors around the country. Source is Reddit.

Reminds me of the type of guys who go around social media comment sections posting "incriminating" screenshots from add-ons that identify other users as bots.

1 hour ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Meanwhile, a program for detecting essays written using AI has been created, and is apparently causing false accusations from professors around the country.

AI will mark all human junk as fake or plagiarized. Only AI essays will stay.

The link from the this post

contains an amusing phrase.

we will continue to use human moderators alongside automated detection.

Why not "biohuman devices"? Or they are going to sacrifice their humans by throwing them into their nuclear reactor as a moderator?

Edited by kerbiloid

12 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Also Sber has its own virtual TV girl.

Hide contents

I think they were beaten by Mail.ru.

Edit: and by three years. https://vc.ru/media/141889-mail-ru-group-predstavila-besplatnyy-servis-dlya-sozdaniya-virtualnyh-vedushchih-na-osnove-ii

Anyway, artificial intelligence and organic stupidity.

zAzouJVtvg0.jpg?size=604x503&quality=96&

Edited by DDE

2 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Is this a joke? There are very clear indications this AI generated, especially in the faces of people.

It isn't so much that the video was generated by AI. Yeah, there's a lot of artifacting and weirdness. The crazy part was that the entire thing was generated by AI. The concept, the script, the images, the music, everything. A year ago everyone was amazed that there was an AI that could generate pictures, but they pooh-poohed the idea that it would ever replace human artists. Stand by.

I remember my first job after I got out of the Navy back in 1993. I was the technical writer at Ingersoll-Dresser Pumps in Huntington Park, California. When I first started there, all of their engineering work was done on an IBM System/370 mainframe. All the engineers and accountants had a dumb terminal on their desks and everything ran through the mainframe. Only a few people (myself included) had IBM PCs. After I had been there for about six months, some of the folks in Accounting started to ask about modernizing the IT infrastructure. Microsoft Windows was starting to take over desktops, client-server applications were all the rage, every other business had a Novell file server, etc. The gentleman in charge of the current mainframe IT department would have none of it. As far as he was concerned, PCs were a flash in the pan, a fad. He was convinced that everyone was going to go out and spend a ton of money on all this newfangled hardware and software, and then six months later they were all going to come running back to him begging to get back on the mainframe. So he didn't want any part of it. They literally had to build a parallel IT department in the Accounting department to run the new systems, complete with a new IT director. And six months later, instead of everyone running back to the mainframe, they called IBM in to open the breakers on it and haul it away (it was leased). And everyone in the original IT department was laid off.

I suspect that stories like this will be playing out a lot over the next couple of years, as entire industries just keep burying their heads in the sand over AI.

https://bard.google.com/

Stuff is moving almost too fast to keep up with.

On 5/2/2023 at 11:52 AM, TheSaint said:

"We need to start thinking about regulating AI or it might impact peoples' jobs someday."

Government regulating, what could go wrong given the caliber of people in leadership positions (most of whom are old enough to be my parents—and I'm old—and I have to walk my dad through looking at a text message via a voice call).

1 hour ago, tater said:

Government regulating, what could go wrong given the caliber of people in leadership positions (most of whom are old enough to be my parents—and I'm old—and I have to walk my dad through looking at a text message via a voice call).

It's a fair cop.

1uBYo31.png

We're screwed.

9 hours ago, tater said:

Mildly off-topic but a versatile meme template

563690_1552902357.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, Adobe Photoshop is now fireflied fireflown.

Spoiler

No Photoshop art anymore, no photo proofs anymore...

Probably, the GIMP will follow.

Once they have added it to Adobe Premier, no Holy Wood anymore.

The plot writers strike will face an unexpected sad end.

ChatGPT writes texts (definitely not worse than humans), MidJourney paints secneries, Adobe films the movie.

GoPro provide the video of reality, the user watches a movie in augmented reality.