[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

On 9/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, Gameslinx said:

If it happens on Minmus it'll happen on Vall too. They are the only planets that use the ice shader which uses the background texture

I know this is super old at this point, but have there been any updates on this by chance? Is this something Parallax or Waterfall would need to change for a more permanent fix? I'm still seeing some plume weirdness over Minmus and Vall.

On 9/24/2022 at 3:28 PM, JonnyOThan said:

As a temporary fix, you should be able to disable the distortion effects in the waterfall settings: https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/Waterfall/blob/78da340533d0e50b69ff2878d2028b1863f682c8/GameData/Waterfall/WaterfallSettings.cfg#L27

This doesn't seem to have any effect for me. Looking at the waterfall source code it doesnt seem like that particular setting ever gets referenced at all.

just a question : do trees have collision, because it sure doesn't look like it.  I enabled collision in settings and it still did not work, any help would be appreciated

Edited by KerbalD
just saw that the end of the page is where the new responses are

3 hours ago, KerbalD said:

do trees have collision

This has been mentioned (somewhere back amongst the hundred+ pages of this topic), and -- IIRC -- the answer is no, trees don't have collision; there are practical limitations preventing this.

Do you know what to do with this problem?

you know it translate codes for intel to what ever it is called with Mac. So would could it be?

I am getting this message when loading Kerbal Space Program:

Parallax error

your computer does not support shaders

please refer to the system requirements on the forum

page. 

I use a MacBook pro m1.

On 9/21/2020 at 3:22 AM, Gameslinx said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

This has been reported to help massively boost framerates, and I advise you share these steps with anyone suffering from the same problem. These are the settings I use to ensure the game runs smoothly:

Step 1 - Update your NVIDIA graphics drivers

Step 2 - Replace the settings.cfg in your Kerbal Space Program folder with this: https://mega.nz/file/JEEgTZ5a#BDhp8Vm8WvcbYd3lO2VCIg_3_8xr1I4ns8-He8pQ_PY

Step 3 - Use these NVIDIA settings:

• Right click on your desktop
  • If on Windows 11, choose "show more options", otherwise see next step
  • Click "NVIDIA Control Panel",
  • Click "Manage 3D Settings".
  • Click on the "Program Settings" tab
  • Find, or add, the KSP_x64.exe in your Kerbal Space Program folder
  • Use the following settings. Not all of these settings will appear for you, but that is fine

rSKeh3q.png

Hi im trying to follow these steps but the link to the setting.cfg file doesn't work anymore. Can @Gameslinx or anyone else share a new one please?

I'm not sure if anybody saw my last post, it was waiting to be approved for a long time. When lifting off from KSC, roughly between 8km and 11km, I am getting flickering tree scatters level with the craft to the horizon. They disappear above this altitude. It's only the deciduous trees, not the grass or flowers or anything. I have tried reloading the packages (I use CKAN) and reset the configs and it's still the same. Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggestions for config changes?
https://imgur.com/a/t3rgGUERyZ9JCt.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 8:57 PM, Gameslinx said:

Eve has always felt alien to me so I wanted to go that route with its foliage and 'fantastical' nature. Laythe has a breathable atmosphere so I wanted to give it primitive nature; some mushrooms, grass and ferns. Otherwise, they would be kind of boring with just different rocks. I like to think that the mod has a lot of potential and I don't want it wasted by just modelling a load of stones

well as nice as that is, it would be nicer to have an option of having eve and laythe without any life on them, i saw a way to remove the bubbles off eve on the orignal post, anything to do the same to remove grass and mushrooms from laythe?

42 minutes ago, ehsssssss said:

how to do that, but with laythe?

I don't know of any patch to do that, but I believe you could do the same thing by deleting parts of the Parallax Laythe config corresponding to the scatters.

On 12/8/2023 at 6:45 AM, Kerb24 said:

I don't know of any patch to do that, but I believe you could do the same thing by deleting parts of the Parallax Laythe config corresponding to the scatters.

would be nice if we could get a "no life" patch to remove life from other planets

On 9/5/2022 at 11:44 AM, Gameslinx said:

I believe since the planet area increases by (2.5 * 2.5), you should increase set the density multiplier (in ParallaxGlobal.cfg) to 2.5 squared

So for a 10x rescale, it would be ideal to set this at 100, but that has an issue…

If density is set to 100, the save files will not load, even to the KSC scene. The entire PC would freeze, needing a force shutdown. Maybe it’s because more RAM is needed (I’m using 16gb), but I’m not sure. A potential solution is playing with scatters off at this scale, and in that case it’d be the equivalent of Parallax 1, which is absolutely still cool.

It’s probably not worth any rescaled optimization effort, because most players don’t use SigmaDimensions, and it runs perfectly at original size :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 7:37 PM, Vphurple Izumi said:

I am not sure if already been mentioned but can we have a patch like the "ParallaxLifelessEve" but for Laythe? would be epic if we could.
Do not want think about if life can exist in another place and go off thinking about being first born in relation to the fermi paradox while playing ksp really.

On 12/8/2023 at 5:59 AM, ehsssssss said:

well as nice as that is, it would be nicer to have an option of having eve and laythe without any life on them, i saw a way to remove the bubbles off eve on the orignal post, anything to do the same to remove grass and mushrooms from laythe?

what i was talking about myself, would be nice to have this

• 3 weeks later...