[Suggestions] Kerbal character creation Tools

Hi everyone,

i search about a character creation feature and i've not seen anything anonce... yet... :sticktongue: on that topic.

Why

with this feature, we could definitely build our dream Team, Role Play throw a complete story... Identify our own kerbal in multiplayer screenshot.

Feature

Custom name

Custom job (pilote, scientist, engineer, maybe custom one if possible...)

Custom level stupidity, bravery and optimism

change the default color for the space suit (or other clothes, wearing T-shirt, Trousers,  socks...)

Custom kerbal face with different haircut, hair color, eyes (size,color and position)

Custom Skin  refer to 

sharing our new character with friend simply by a seed system. (a simple copy paste of a text)

have a kind of roster to backup your favorite kerbal

does this idea of your own kerbal character creation interested anyone ?

thanks for reading my post, see you :wink:

Edited by toonsgy

4 minutes ago, jastrone said:

probably something like this but maybe only in sandbox mode or in some cheat menu like ksp1 

for me, the element of customisation are nothing other than cosmetique and, as far as i know, do not give any advantage. So have a carrer with your kerbal could be good to, i guess. 

Sure, i don't know how to implement this so ya, i agree, your way could be a good way to. 

thanks

10 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I think this would be great for player representation, but it would need to be done so that you don't end up killing yourself due to sending it on missions. Maybe it could be an avatar for multiplayer.

True, die sucks but not for kerbal. You can revert to launch or just be a part of the kerbal adventure and have your name and/or face on a wall of FAME in the KSC... maybe jump on another new recruit to continue with your friend.

in Multiplayer where your kerbal can be invisible (if you want),  left anywhere (surface or in orbit) without any solution. So you have to build a rescue mission with some friends because your like in "the martian" or "Gravity"... a lot of fun ahead.

for the avatar, this is a great idea. 

thanks for your answer.

Edited by toonsgy
typo

37 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Emotes have been confirmed, so we can expect some greater level of customization for kerbals besides the default variety, especially for multiplayer.

hi, i did not know that.  Great news for me! thanks for the info

:wink:

1 minute ago, Laikanaut said:

The only thing that made sense in KSP is having it in the cheat menu, because you are controlling the features of your applicants. From a realism perspective, it only makes sense to generate these randomly.

The bearing on gameplay is so negligible that there really isn't much of a reason to hide it in the cheats. The benefits of letting players give themselves a good representation in their save very much outweigh whatever non-existent cons there are to letting players customise their Kerbals in a normal no-cheats save.

16 hours ago, toonsgy said:

for me, the element of customisation are nothing other than cosmetique and, as far as i know, do not give any advantage. So have a carrer with your kerbal could be good to, i guess. 

well the thing is in career you will have so many kerbals you cant just make all of them. and if you made one you would probably just send it somewhere and forget about it