Old ksc Easter egg

Ryaja

I think In KSP2 there should be an old, possibly partially flooded, run down, but fully upgraded ksc in the position it is in in KSP1. It would also be a nice touch if the music from the first game would play all crackly near the old ksc, or after discovering it you could launch from it and have the old music for any craft launched from there.

4 hours ago, Ryaja said:

I think In KSP2 there should be an old, possibly partially flooded, run down, but fully upgraded ksc in the position it is in in KSP1. It would also be a nice touch if the music from the first game would play all crackly near the old ksc, or after discovering it you could launch from it and have the old music for any craft launched from there.

This can't really be done. The KSC in KSP 2 is in the same exact location as the KSC in KSP 1. It was confirmed by Nate in one of the very early interviews, iirc.

It also doesn't make sense, since KSC 2 is just KSC  1 upgraded. 

This would only work if the kerbals had left Kerbin for years and never returned. Like in the mod After Kerbin.

Edited by GoldForest

How about putting ruins of the old KSC just off the coast underwater like one of those old sunken Greek or Roman cities?  It doesn't have to make complete sense, it's an Easter egg, and being completely submerged one can just ignore it if it bothers you.  Alternatively, the ruins could be so degraded that while it might look a lot like the old KSC, it is mostly foundations, coral, and seaweed so one can't be sure.

Heck, having coral and seaweed would be pretty cool

9 hours ago, darthgently said:

How about putting ruins of the old KSC just off the coast underwater like one of those old sunken Greek or Roman cities?  It doesn't have to make complete sense, it's an Easter egg, and being completely submerged one can just ignore it if it bothers you.  Alternatively, the ruins could be so degraded that while it might look a lot like the old KSC, it is mostly foundations, coral, and seaweed so one can't be sure.

Heck, having coral and seaweed would be pretty cool

Which 'old' KSC are you talking about? The 'old' one in KSP 1 or the 'old' one that is the current KSC:P This is going to get confusing talking about three KSC's....

But in all seriousness, easter eggs should make some form of sense imo, and having the current KSC end up in the ocean makes little sense, since the new KSC is in the same exact location. It would make sense if there was like, a land slide from the nearby mountains, but they're a little too far away for that. Alternatively, you could raise the oceans, but then that would change the landscape of Kerbin, which we know for a fact is the exact same, so that can't work.  Tectonic plates could work, but the KSC would move inland, not into the ocean, the mountains near KSC tell us that the tectonic plate the KSC sits on is heading west, not east. 

The only way the buildings would end up in the ocean, imo, is if the Kerbals pushed all the buildings off into the ocean instead of just tearing them down or reusing them. And now that I've said that I can just picture them strapping rockets to the buildings and flying pushing them into the ocean. Which is the most Kerbal thing to do to get rid of a building. Moar boosters, am I right?