Parallax Help

because of the newest update 1.12.4 the mod is broken because kopernicus is not working for this version and downgrading only makes this worse and solutions? either the game wont load into the space center new or old game or it will load but you can only enter certain buildings you cant leave them and you cant leave to menu. ive tried for so long since the update trying to get this to work and im out of luck. any help will be extremely appreciated.

2 hours ago, RiccRacc said:

because of the newest update 1.12.4 the mod is broken because kopernicus is not working for this version and downgrading only makes this worse and solutions? either the game wont load into the space center new or old game or it will load but you can only enter certain buildings you cant leave them and you cant leave to menu. ive tried for so long since the update trying to get this to work and im out of luck. any help will be extremely appreciated.

I am having very different problems. when I have ultra shaders on, everything on the ground flashes yellow for some reason, but when I have shaders on high, the ground looks fine. BUT there is no grass!! isn't there supposed to be ground cover on kerbin? how do I activate it? "ive tried for so long since the update trying to get this to work and im out of luck. any help will be extremely appreciated"

On 9/10/2022 at 7:49 AM, The Aziz said:

Have you seen what old consoles are capable of rendering? Of course it limits to 30 frames, but that assures no or very little frame drops regardless of situation. Unless of course the developer doesn't know what he's doing.

Indeed. You have to make sure you make use of the instancing, which both the Unity and the PS4/XB1 era console support, but then you can get away with pretty dense vegetation. We've been able to run a dense jungle with procedural vegetation using a technique very similar to what KSP2 is using, down to the middleware used for trees, and we had stable 30 on PS4 Pro. Custom engine, etc., but we weren't doing anything Unity shouldn't be capable of.

The limiting factor for gen 8 consoles is going to be the CPU, honestly. And you have to be a bit clever about how you do culling and clustering for the instancing to make sure the CPU isn't busy generating draw calls, but Unity mostly does that for you. I'm still very much concerned about KSP2 running on gen 8, but that's purely because of all the things that the game's doing that are unique to KSP - resource management, aerodynamics, trajectory updates, etc., especially if any kind of warp is involved. In the original KSP, this was not very well managed. It sounds like Intercept has put in a ton of work to make that better for KSP2, which makes me more optimistic about performance in general, but I do expect gen 8 to struggle with the game regardless of the vegetation and scatter on the planets.

heeeeelp

I have 2 pc's using the same steam account for kerbal, with all the same (up to date) mods. one has a weird yellow ground glitch that only happens with ultra shaders enabled, and this one has this weirddd glitch that doesn't show the ground. I will give updates as to what mod caused this (maybe scatterer and not parallax?)

2vZL5Z2.jpeg

oh.

and for some reason, when I was installing parallax stock textures and parallax scatter textures, they each took 2 hours to download from my browser.

35 minutes ago, RiccRacc said:

i have this ekopernicus error about an exception in the ruling or someting like that i have the latest version of the mod it worked fine on 1.12.3 but broke when 1.12.4 came out and now EVEN IF i downgrade my game it will still not work

You need to provide a log file

On 11/28/2022 at 1:33 PM, RiccRacc said:

Hello I am using this pack of mods/versions and KSP settings and I don't have any problem, check it here:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.