How do I make my game look like this and how to install spectra

Hi there, recently I have saw a mod called 'Spectra'  and thought it looked really good. Especially one image really stood out to me.

Basically whenever I install the mod and all the needed dependencies the clouds and some few other small things don't seem to be working even though it works for other players. I want to recreate this exact look https://imgur.com/a/GjOpQ3L (image). If anyone knows how to both make my game look like that and fix spectra to show clouds i would be really greatful. Another small thing is that KSC Extended isn't working properly but that is less important right now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V-EK49RnClrO8FA8l4KjR5ln9KRDVE1k/view?usp=sharing (KSP.log)

14 minutes ago, HafCoJoe said:

Hey there :D creator of Spectra here, if you're having troubles installing it, I highly recommend using the CKAN mod loader. It greatly simplifies the installation process.

Woah, didn't expect you to comment, I have used CKAN but for some reason the clouds don't appear. Any idea why?

21 minutes ago, lunarpilott said:

Woah, didn't expect you to comment, I have used CKAN but for some reason the clouds don't appear. Any idea why?

Perhaps you have an older version of CKAN, or you're running KSP 1.12.4. Other than that, I can definitively say CKAN just crapped out, and all you have to do try to re-install it. Though, if you download it from the forum thread and look in the files, there's a handy-dandy little readme file that tells you how to install it and it's dependencies.

38 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Perhaps you have an older version of CKAN, or you're running KSP 1.12.4. Other than that, I can definitively say CKAN just crapped out, and all you have to do try to re-install it. Though, if you download it from the forum thread and look in the files, there's a handy-dandy little readme file that tells you how to install it and it's dependencies.

Do you know how to change my KSP version (on steam) with me being able to still load my saves?

Edited by lunarpilott
I didn't give the details I wanted to give

38 minutes ago, lunarpilott said:

Do you know how to change my KSP version (on steam) with me being able to still load my saves?

No, I don't. I play on the version from the Private Division Store. *gasp* Point is, if there is a way, I don't know it. I think your best bet is to download the mod from the forum, read the readme file, and then things should be straightforward. Also, you said clouds didn't appear, did you install Environmental Visual Enhancements? You need that to make clouds.

3 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

No, I don't. I play on the version from the Private Division Store. *gasp* Point is, if there is a way, I don't know it. I think your best bet is to download the mod from the forum, read the readme file, and then things should be straightforward. Also, you said clouds didn't appear, did you install Environmental Visual Enhancements? You need that to make clouds.

Yeah, I did install all of the dependencies needed and Kerbin was just a saturated blue ball without clouds for some reason. But I'm gonna try to downgrade my version and if that doesn't work ill get back here. 

29 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

I have finally got it working. My last question would be how can I make my game look EXACTLY (or atleast close) to this -  https://imgur.com/a/GjOpQ3L I personally think it looks really good. Does anyone know how to achieve this look?

18 minutes ago, lunarpilott said:

I have finally got it working. My last question would be how can I make my game look EXACTLY (or atleast close) to this -  https://imgur.com/a/GjOpQ3L I personally think it looks really good. Does anyone know how to achieve this look?

Oh, uhh... I don't know. That set of mods would completely destroy my computer. We're talking a mini Tungaska event.

7 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Oh, uhh... I don't know. That set of mods would completely destroy my computer. We're talking a mini Tungaska event.

Oh well, im gonna look for others people help then i guess :D

Edited by lunarpilott
Typo

22 hours ago, lunarpilott said:

Odd. Do you not see bioluminescence on Laythe at all too? Or EVE cloud cover? Everything is linked so if you don't see clouds on Kerbin you won't see them elsewhere too. If you see clouds on EVE, then everything is working correct and there's just not any clouds above the KSC at the current moment.

In CKAN when you select Spectra, do any of the required components in the box at the bottom right show red text? If you're not seeing clouds it's possible that EVE is marked as out of date for the current KSP version, which means CKAN doesn't install it, which is the reason why you don't see clouds?

Also, what other visual mods do you have? If you install only Spectra, does the issue still persist?

Edited by HafCoJoe

1 hour ago, HafCoJoe said:

Odd. Do you not see bioluminescence on Laythe at all too? Or EVE cloud cover? Everything is linked so if you don't see clouds on Kerbin you won't see them elsewhere too. If you see clouds on EVE, then everything is working correct and there's just not any clouds above the KSC at the current moment.

In CKAN when you select Spectra, do any of the required components in the box at the bottom right show red text? If you're not seeing clouds it's possible that EVE is marked as out of date for the current KSP version, which means CKAN doesn't install it, which is the reason why you don't see clouds?

Also, what other visual mods do you have? If you install only Spectra, does the issue still persist?

Actually turns out I had broken mods installed and it was messing spectra up + some other mods. But thanks for your help! :D Also another thing is how do i get my game look like this?  https://imgur.com/a/GjOpQ3L (It is on the spectra official forum post)

10 hours ago, lunarpilott said:

Actually turns out I had broken mods installed and it was messing spectra up + some other mods. But thanks for your help! :D Also another thing is how do i get my game look like this?  https://imgur.com/a/GjOpQ3L (It is on the spectra official forum post)

Glad to hear it's all fixed :D Spectra is tedious since it depends on two other mods to run, especially when you introduce other mods too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.