Gizmos for procedural parts

Right now the size and shape parameters of the procedural wings are controlled through sliders in the Part Manager. It would be great to be able to control them directly using gizmos that pop up when selecting the wing. Just like we have for position and orientation (which by the way.. I think the color coding should be different for rotation and position).

wing-gizmos.png      vab-rotation-position-gizmos.png

Edited by Vl3d

11 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

(which by the way.. I think the color coding should be different for rotation and position).

thats kinda stupid. the whole point of color coding is that you can see the ones that are the same axis. green arow to move on the x axis and green turned arrow to rotate around the x axis for example. this is really helpfull when the perspective doesnt really show you a whole arraw because its behind the other ones or itself

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

(which by the way.. I think the color coding should be different for rotation and position).

wing-gizmos.png      vab-rotation-position-gizmos.png

It's been kind of an unofficial standard for decades for 3D editors to use green for the Y-axis, blue for the Z-axis, and red for the X-axis, and for rot/trans/scale controls about those axes to be those colors. I don't think there's a good reason to change it. It gives an intuitive way to know "if I drag the blue straight arrow, it moves along Z. If I drag the curved blue arrow, it rotates about Z"