The cool screenshots thread

Minmus Taster

On 5/11/2023 at 1:43 PM, Socraticat said:

Hey, maybe you already have a solution. 

I use OBS. I record in 30fps for manageable file sizes for now and then open the file in a video editor (I use Blender because I like Blender for a lot of things) and scrub through my gameplay for scenes I like. Once I've found a section, I can scroll frame by frame to find the shot I like the most. I can also quickly scale, crop, or overlay text and other images in the video editor. Once that frame is tailored to my liking, I render the image, save it to desktop, and upload here via Postimages.org 

Lol - and here I am using "Alt+PrtScr" and paint.net like a neanderthal...  Never even thought about in-game screen capture, let alone recording the whole thing to grab screenshots later - love that idea, btw, maybe I'll do the same for the next weekly challenge.

5 hours ago, febrion said:

Lol - and here I am using "Alt+PrtScr" and paint.net like a neanderthal...  Never even thought about in-game screen capture, let alone recording the whole thing to grab screenshots later - love that idea, btw, maybe I'll do the same for the next weekly challenge.

I have since upgraded to 60fps recordings and I've uninstalled a few games I don't play as often since February's release. OBS has a nice range of recording options and I've found a sweet spot for file sizes. 

Blender is maybe less intuitive than OBS, but any video editor should do the trick. Blender definitely has it's limitations for audio, and it lacks some built in transitions that dedicated video editors have. You can simulate any effect you want, but it takes a lot more work. I hear good things about DaVinci.

Very cool!  I've been wanting to make a ring station for awhile1 (never messed with offsets much, always felt kinda like cheating, but untilN we get curved parts it's the only way), and I've also been trying to decide what to do next5, guess I've got my answer nowO!

Spoiler

WAt least since early in KSP days, wanted something like this for my first station but couldn't find the parts, and didn't know about offsetting then

TNot to imply that I expect to ever get them, but it would be pretty neat

2Next in KSP2 anyway, "next" in absolute terms would be having breakfast.  I had a different project in mind, but can only be done in KSP1 currently (need robotic parts), or some VERY creative "cheating"...

KFor those unable to infer, my answer is that I'll (try to) build a ring station! 

6 hours ago, GalileOh-No said:

That would be AWESOME!  Guilt-free clipping, like 0 calorie chocolate ice cream... dare to dream!

Additionally, aerodynamic drag of the part hanging out would be reduced in a rational way to the degree it is clipped out of the airstream 

Edited by darthgently

I was doing some experimentation with "OneOscar" Fleet delivery and had a happy little 4fps excursion. Slow frames really help with aim... but replay, or replaying, is a real drag on time...

16 "OneOscar" FGMC Spiders, AKA the "IronFleet"

mUqtfZD.png

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.