How to use the NVIDIA capture thingy?

Since the F1 key doesn't work to take screenshots anymore, I wanted to use the NVIDIA capture software/overlay, it worked fine on day 1 but since then it doesn't seem to detect KSP 2 as a game and thinks I'm still on the desktop. Even when I press Alt+R to get the performance overlay it appears "under" the game on the desktop. Anyone got any idea how to fix that?

Thanks

I use the NVidia controls to record video, and I know to bring them up you have to hit ATL+Z.  This then takes me back to my desktop, but then I ALT+TAB back into the game for the video.

As far as taking screen shots...have you tried ALT+PRTSCRN?  That's how I get my shots, and it doesn't require the use of the NVidia controls.

Might be referring to the steam screenshot key, which for me was default F12, but I just changed to F11 to avoid the aero menu. They're all in Steam/userdata in some unintelligible numbered folders. Easiest to just open the image in steam>right click>browse to screenshot

6 hours ago, Poppa Wheelie said:

You've had success taking screenshots with F11?  Where are those screenshots stored?

I just use Steam for screenshots, and configured it to use F11 a long time ago. It plays the old high-pitched sound from Half-Life when I grab the screenshot.

In Steam (menu) > Settings > In-Game you can configure the screenshot key, and tell Steam where you want to store screenshots if you don't like the default.

My images are stored in the default Steam > KSP2 userdata folder. Your drive and root folder will probably be different, but everything else is likely the same for you:

D:\GAMES\Steam\userdata\[YourUserDataID]\760\remote\954850\screenshots

To launch your screenshots from Steam: On your KSP2 game page, scroll down to Screenshots (on the right), and click Manage my ### screenshots, then double-click an image to open it in your default image viewer.

1 hour ago, Sitting Duck said:

I just use Steam for screenshots

OK, thanks.  I normally don't launch through Steam.  For screenshots I'm using the builtin Windows XBox controls, but that requires hitting 3 keys simultaneously for a screenshot (Windows-Alt-PrntScrn).  I'm looking for a single key (like F1 used to do).  I'm hopeful that we'll eventually get something in game, but until then I think I'll have to stick with what I have.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.