Custom Action Groups not working. Any solutions?

twich22

My action groups seem to have broken. They were working normally for a while, however now they dont work at all.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I was looking through my game files and save files to try to find action groups but didnt have any success. 

Steps to recreate bug: 

Delete all KSP 2 files

Clean install game

Start new campaign

Build simple craft in VAB

Add any custom action group command

launch vehicle

attempt to use action group

Profit

• 2 weeks later...

I just now came to this forum to see if anyone else had reported action groups. I see you have. Me too. I can't get anything on an action group to function. I have to manually to extend antenna and solar panels at the moment and it's annoying. Liveable, but annoying.

• 5 weeks later...

I've never had them not totally work, but I have noticed that if you're using them on a part placed with symmetry you need to put only one part of the group in the action group, which will affect them all. 

For instance, I've got 4 fins on a rocket, placed with 4x symmetry. and want to disable the pitch roll and yaw prior to re-entry. if I put all four in, no workee, if I only put on in the action group, all four toggle.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not symmetry, at least not in my case - I have a Laythe lander that uses 3 Panther jet engines. I had engine mode set to 1 action group and then shut down to another. The mode change works fine, the shutdown doesn't.

11 hours ago, Turbo Ben said:

It's not symmetry, at least not in my case - I have a Laythe lander that uses 3 Panther jet engines. I had engine mode set to 1 action group and then shut down to another. The mode change works fine, the shutdown doesn't.

This is the "patch 2 engine bug" and is unrelated to action groups.  If you change the independent throttle setting you can "shutdown" the engine and stop fuel usage that way.  It is ok if the engine remains activated in space because patch 2 fixed the engine restart bug.  The engine shutdown setting does work but the engine has to "spin down" first for some reason.  It is not ideal but at least you have a workaround.