Infinite Discoveries 0.9.9 (1.12.x)

Sushut

• 3 weeks later...

This is an amazing mod! Though I stepped away from KSP after the failure of KSP2, I enjoy coming back now and seeing how much this mod has grown! As of writing this, I'm currently generating a modest 3 stars with many planets and moons about them. I will certainly keep posted on how this goes! 

Whenever I generate with planets my game gets last the loading bar at first but when the loading icon with the orbiting planets shows up it gets stuck and rotates very fast. Does anyone know what issue I am dealing with?Whenever I generate with planets my game gets last the loading bar at first but when the loading icon with the orbiting planets shows up it gets stuck and rotates very fast. Does anyone know what issue I am dealing with?

3 hours ago, Luke Pat said:

Whenever I generate with planets my game gets last the loading bar at first but when the loading icon with the orbiting planets shows up it gets stuck and rotates very fast. Does anyone know what issue I am dealing with?Whenever I generate with planets my game gets last the loading bar at first but when the loading icon with the orbiting planets shows up it gets stuck and rotates very fast. Does anyone know what issue I am dealing with?

Common issue, seems to be a different cause every time (if there is a proper cause in the first place). Can't do anything but generate new planets.

Check for anything that might be interfering with it, like an antivirus, or limited permissions.

• 1 month later...

Great mod, but i'm encountering an issue. Whenever I try to land on a planet, the terrain of the planet doesnt render, and i phase through it, exploding whenever I reach the height the terrain should be, though the debris from my ship keeps falling. Any idea what could potentially casue this?

On 1/1/2024 at 11:44 PM, MartinFrost said:

Great mod, but i'm encountering an issue. Whenever I try to land on a planet, the terrain of the planet doesnt render, and i phase through it, exploding whenever I reach the height the terrain should be, though the debris from my ship keeps falling. Any idea what could potentially casue this?

Do you have parallax installed? I've had similar issues with planet packs and I honestly cannot ever pinpoint the issue with it. Nevertheless, can you send the KSP logs + Kopernicus Logs in Kerbal Space Program/Logs/Logs-Kopernicus.zip (just send the entire zip file)

You can either do it on discord to Sushut or send it via google drive

On 1/3/2024 at 1:31 AM, RayneCloud said:

Is anyone else having issues with the Min Planets and Min Moons settings not working and throwing out errors?

Are the min values higher than the max values you set? That usually breaks everything. If not, then I guess I just broke that function... Oops.

49 minutes ago, Sushut said:

Do you have parallax installed? I've had similar issues with planet packs and I honestly cannot ever pinpoint the issue with it. Nevertheless, can you send the KSP logs + Kopernicus Logs in Kerbal Space Program/Logs/Logs-Kopernicus.zip (just send the entire zip file)

Are the min values higher than the max values you set? That usually breaks everything. If not, then I guess I just broke that function... Oops.

I set 7 planets and 3 moons, which I thought meant, 7 planets per system max and 3 moons per planet max... and then I thought the min moon and min planets setting set the min for the overall generation of all systems put together?

1 minute ago, RayneCloud said:

I set 7 planets and 3 moons, which I thought meant, 7 planets per system max and 3 moons per planet max... and then I thought the min moon and min planets setting set the min for the overall generation of all systems put together?

Oh i see, the min values are for individual systems just like the max values.

1 minute ago, Sushut said:

Oh i see, the min values are for individual systems just like the max values.

Ohhh, I thought it was across all systems generated, that's on me then, ty. 

On 1/7/2024 at 9:51 PM, Sushut said:

Thanks for your reply.

I do indeed have paralax installed, ill try unloading it and see if that fixes it. Strange thing is mainly that im running it side by side with kcalbeloh, and those planets are working fine. Ill see if unloading either of those fixes it, if not, ill send out the logs.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you clarify what this means?

Regarding using generated content in your own work:
You are allowed to use generated content in your own mods as long as you use the maps/configs as a part of something else. (Be creative, don't just copy them!)

This mod is up on SpaceDock and they requested addition to CKANhttps://spacedock.info/mod/3557/Arktus

As part of the CKAN approval process we check on licenses; this mod appears to have copied the cloud maps from Infinite Discoveries.  I don't really know that much about planet modding so it's hard for me to say whether this is in violation.  Also the language is not super clear - what does "as part of something else" mean?  They're part of another mod, is that enough?  Or do you require that they're modified in some way?  Thanks!

Hey Sushut I know I am a nobody when it comes to ksp modding but I was wondering if there is a way I could get in contact with you over discord or email. I have been working on a project for a while now and my goal is to bring RSS back to life just by adding the support for graphics mods and optimizing and bug fixes and new objects in our solar system but as I near the end I had an idea to take RSS and turn it into RMWG “Real Milky Way Galaxy ” and anyways the help I need is figuring out how to randomly generate pre determined planets. An example of what I mean is let’s say there’s a star with a planet and that planet is in the Goldilocks zone there’s no real way for us to tell if the planet is barren or just a rock with water or even just a rock or it’s exploding with life so my idea was every time you start a new game with this mod that real life planet would be randomly generated within a certain set of parameters. I hope what I said makes sense lol if it doesn’t I’m really sorry but if you are interested in letting me pick your brain and teaching me the ways please let me know, I have a lot of time as I only go to university and this is my side project will I major in computer science and minor in astronomy and astrophysics.

sincerely some weird 17 year old from Canada

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 7:13 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Can you clarify what this means?

This mod is up on SpaceDock and they requested addition to CKANhttps://spacedock.info/mod/3557/Arktus

As part of the CKAN approval process we check on licenses; this mod appears to have copied the cloud maps from Infinite Discoveries.  I don't really know that much about planet modding so it's hard for me to say whether this is in violation.  Also the language is not super clear - what does "as part of something else" mean?  They're part of another mod, is that enough?  Or do you require that they're modified in some way?  Thanks!

I checked out the files of the mod, seems to be identical to my mod. They did credit me though which is all I really care about, so you can allow it onto CKAN.

(Huge apologies for replying so late.)

On 3/8/2024 at 9:51 AM, Pacevy said:

Do we still have to delete the generate system folder?

Nope.

On 2/18/2024 at 9:41 AM, mushroomwater said:

Hey Sushut I know I am a nobody when it comes to ksp modding but I was wondering if there is a way I could get in contact with you over discord or email. I have been working on a project for a while now and my goal is to bring RSS back to life just by adding the support for graphics mods and optimizing and bug fixes and new objects in our solar system but as I near the end I had an idea to take RSS and turn it into RMWG “Real Milky Way Galaxy ” and anyways the help I need is figuring out how to randomly generate pre determined planets. An example of what I mean is let’s say there’s a star with a planet and that planet is in the Goldilocks zone there’s no real way for us to tell if the planet is barren or just a rock with water or even just a rock or it’s exploding with life so my idea was every time you start a new game with this mod that real life planet would be randomly generated within a certain set of parameters. I hope what I said makes sense lol if it doesn’t I’m really sorry but if you are interested in letting me pick your brain and teaching me the ways please let me know, I have a lot of time as I only go to university and this is my side project will I major in computer science and minor in astronomy and astrophysics.

sincerely some weird 17 year old from Canada

My username on discord is just "Sushut"

Hello.

I am having a problem with this mod, for some reason after I generate the planets and load into the game there are no planets. I've used an older build of this mod and it worked so I have only one possible reason as to why it isn't working, (though it don't make that much sense to me) it is possible it is because I'm on windows 11 that might be the problem, but I don't know. If you could help it would that would be great.

10 hours ago, Watermelon0254 said:

Hello.

I am having a problem with this mod, for some reason after I generate the planets and load into the game there are no planets. I've used an older build of this mod and it worked so I have only one possible reason as to why it isn't working, (though it don't make that much sense to me) it is possible it is because I'm on windows 11 that might be the problem, but I don't know. If you could help it would that would be great.

Never mind,  I found the problem. I was putting it in the KSP folder... I missed the part that said not to do that... :P

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2023 at 4:51 PM, Luke Pat said:

Whenever I generate with planets my game gets last the loading bar at first but when the loading icon with the orbiting planets shows up it gets stuck and rotates very fast. Does anyone know what issue I am dealing with?

Getting this problem as well, at least 10 separate generations and yet I get the same result. I was using this around 2 weeks ago and it was fine until now.