K2-D2

cfloutier

v0.12

• AutoStaging is off by default
  • fixed an issue when switching to Tracking Station (errors in logs, thanks to @munix)
  • Main Settings (UI size and Mod version) is more compact (fold out)

Lift-Off

Many upgrades Here :

• Ascent : You can configure the precision of the first Main Step.
  • Costing : auto Warp when waiting for the end of Atmosphere.
  • Fine adjust Ap : finally adjust if needed the AP
  • Pause at the end of the ascent to help customise the final Node

each feature can be toggled on/off in the settings

Flight Plan integration

• Added a link with FlightPlan Mod. Lift-Off can be ended with a final Cirulirize Node. Thanks to @Schlosrat

If've added buttons at the end of Lift-Off to create adjust the final Node.

• 30 s : create a node in 30s. Can be useful if the orbit in very vertical. Ap : create a node at AP. For clear orbit

Unfortunatly I've not yet suceed in creating and executing a really precise final node for the moment. I'll try to enhance this in furture releases.

I've also met in various situation errors when creating nodes. that's why the final state of orbit is not fully automated. please check the created node before executing it.

• added Circularize buttons in the node manager when there is no current node

API

added functions to disable pilots from another mod. it can be used to adjust available nodes in the exploration mode.

here is the full api available in the K2D2_Plugin :

public bool isPilotEnabled(string pilotName)
public void EnableAllPilots(bool enabled)
public void EnablePilot(string pilotName, bool enabled)
public List<string> GetPilotsNames()

12 hours ago, cfloutier said:

v0.12

• fixed an issue when switching to Tracking Station (errors in logs, thanks to @munix)

Lift-Off

Many upgrades Here :

Flight Plan integration

• Added a link with FlightPlan Mod. Lift-Off can be ended with a final Cirulirize Node. Thanks to @Schlosrat

• 30 s : create a node in 30s. Can be useful if the orbit in very vertical. Ap : create a node at AP. For clear orbit

Unfortunatly I've not yet suceed in creating and executing a really precise final node for the moment. I'll try to enhance this in furture releases.

I've also met in various situation errors when creating nodes. that's why the final state of orbit is not fully automated. please check the created node before executing it.

API

added functions to disable pilots from another mod. it can be used to adjust available nodes in the exploration mode.

I love this mod, it's nice to have flying by hand as a choice :-), but I just noticed that I'm no longer able to change the throttle in the latest release, K2-D2 just sets it to 100%. This gives a few issues with overheating when in an atmosphere, so is it possible to make the throttlecontrol a switchable thing (or am I just missing something)? I've also had a few issues with SRB's being prematurely released through staging, even though no tanks in the stage were empty. 

9 hours ago, Theis said:

I love this mod, it's nice to have flying by hand as a choice :-), but I just noticed that I'm no longer able to change the throttle in the latest release, K2-D2 just sets it to 100%. This gives a few issues with overheating when in an atmosphere, so is it possible to make the throttlecontrol a switchable thing (or am I just missing something)? I've also had a few issues with SRB's being prematurely released through staging, even though no tanks in the stage were empty. 

Even better would be a max speed limit you could set, and K2D2 would try to throttle down to avoid exceeding it, maybe?

On 1/18/2024 at 9:13 AM, Theis said:

20 hours ago, Schneider21 said:

Even better would be a max speed limit you could set, and K2D2 would try to throttle down to avoid exceeding it, maybe?

I noticed this too. I usually dethrottle to keep the pressure down so I don't overheat so much.
So I would like to propose an auto-throttle set to either max-speed or max-pressure.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:12 PM, cfloutier said:

v0.12

Lift-Off

Many upgrades Here :

Flight Plan integration

API

Great work in this mod. Really can't live without it!
Let me know if you need another tester before relase or someone to do some coding.

On 1/18/2024 at 9:41 AM, Schneider21 said:

Um. Seems like a max speed would be a bit problematic for launching to orbit. Max dynamic pressure would make a lot more sense.

1 hour ago, rmaine said:

Um. Seems like a max speed would be a bit problematic for launching to orbit. Max dynamic pressure would make a lot more sense.

Max acceleration and max Q would make sense, basically what MechJeb has.

15 hours ago, Sochin said:

What would be handy under the land tab, land at location on map

This would be very nice! However if this is proving too hard then you might consider having the GUI display the expected lat log of the landing and offering buttons to shift it N/S/E/W. It would be really awesome if a projected landing point were also shown on the body! Something like this would require the player to get an initial collision trajectory that at least puts them in the vicinity of their target, and then gives them some tools to try to adjust onto their target

Since the update K2D2 refuses to perform any maneuvers. All the info about the maneuver is correct until I press start, then it reports that the node is in the past and refuses to do anything. I have checked for old nodes in my game, but was not able to find any.

15 hours ago, Rezania said:

Since the update K2D2 refuses to perform any maneuvers. All the info about the maneuver is correct until I press start, then it reports that the node is in the past and refuses to do anything. I have checked for old nodes in my game, but was not able to find any.

Yeah, im getting the same issue since the update.

3 hours ago, cfloutier said:

@Rezania I've strange issues like this. But it has been quite hard to reproduce it while in debug.... usually I just reload (F5-F9)

It happens to you any time ? 

I have it consistently, reloading doesn't help. Restarting the game does. Although, I think I just figured out what causes it. I have two ships. I set a node for one, started K2D2, but decided not to perform the maneuver after all. Deleted the node, went to map mode, right clicked the other ship and switched control. If I set a node for this ship it shows up correct in K2D2 until I press execute, then it shows the time until the deleted node for the other ship.

Edit: Did some testing, it seems to occur even without switching ships. The trigger seems to be K2D2 active and then the node is deleted. Only restarting the game helps resolve the issue.

Edited by Rezania

On 1/21/2024 at 11:42 AM, Rezania said:

I've been having this occur randomly as well, and restarting the game resolves it as you indicated. I'll pay attention to what seems to be triggering it and report back if I notice any patterns.

Got this issue too, I planned a node 300 days in the future for a transfer window, then realized I was in a too low orbit for an efficient time warp (capped at 10,000x). Delete node, created a new one to raise ap, K2D2 refuses to do it. 

Also, I am new to the mods world. Is there a way to efficiently bypass the warp limit from KLO to easily jump to the transfer window? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ma7hew said:

Got this issue too, I planned a node 300 days in the future for a transfer window, then realized I was in a too low orbit for an efficient time warp (capped at 10,000x). Delete node, created a new one to raise ap, K2D2 refuses to do it. 

Also, I am new to the mods world. Is there a way to efficiently bypass the warp limit from KLO to easily jump to the transfer window? Thanks!

You can try Even Better Time Warp to bypass the warp limits

12 hours ago, Ma7hew said:

I've only noticed this issue when making nodes and executing them from Flight Plan. It sits waiting to turn but doesn't seem capable of actually turning the vehicle, so nothing happens. Once I was sure I got it working again by opening Maneuver Node Controller and deleting the existing node, then creating a new one, but I've since been unable to recreate it.

For the record, @cfloutier, K2-D2 is amazing and lets me enjoy KSP the way I like to, so thanks for all the work on the mod!

Edit: Did some testing, it seems to occur even without switching ships. The trigger seems to be K2D2 active and then the node is deleted. Only restarting the game helps resolve the issue

@Rezania thanks a lot this is the perfect way to reproduce it !!!!!!

I'm now able to fix it. 

Thanks for your support @Schneider21

This mod is still a work in progress and your reports helps a lot. I don't have the time to fully test all feature in different situations 

On 1/25/2024 at 8:48 AM, cfloutier said:

@Rezania thanks a lot this is the perfect way to reproduce it !!!!!!

I'm now able to fix it. 

Thanks for your support @Schneider21

This mod is still a work in progress and your reports helps a lot. I don't have the time to fully test all feature in different situations 

No problem, glad that I can help you a little bit develop this awesome mod. :)

Is there some reasoning behind k2d2 switching to "stabalize" sas mode, instead of "manouver" sas mode, when it starts the burn? should I leave on stabalize? if I have a slightly asymmetric ship, the manouver sas seems to be more stable (pun intended).

I have noticed an issue when attempting to land on the Mun.  When I start landing by hitting Break in K2-D2, I am not able to extend my landing gear.  This continues to be an issue until I do something like return to the Space Center after stopping landing in K2-D2.  (Not a good thing to do in the middle of decent for the most part.)  This has happened several times.  Granted, I can just make sure I have extended them prior to starting K2-D2 (assuming I remember) to avoid the issue.

5 hours ago, pmoffitt said:

I have noticed an issue when attempting to land on the Mun.  When I start landing by hitting Break in K2-D2, I am not able to extend my landing gear.  This continues to be an issue until I do something like return to the Space Center after stopping landing in K2-D2.  (Not a good thing to do in the middle of decent for the most part.)  This has happened several times.  Granted, I can just make sure I have extended them prior to starting K2-D2 (assuming I remember) to avoid the issue.

Are you sure this has to do with K2-D2? Because i have had the issue of landing legs not lowering even without K2-D2 active. Usually, then some off my part is offset after loading, you can see it if you look at your shop closely enough. Reloading a few times helps. Returning to the KSC and back also forces to reload the ship I think.

9 hours ago, pmoffitt said:

I've observed this as well, and I'm fairly sure it's not a part clipping problem - though that can cause it. I've seen it on a number of different craft. The consistent thing I've seen is that if you attempt to extend landing gear while you're in timewarp not only does it not work, but it can leave your landing gear in an odd state where they won't work outside of timewarp as well. You may notice that the "indicator light" for your landing gear goes to green in the game's UI (upper left part of the screen) even though the gear does not extend. For whatever reason gear can't extend in timewarp, but some part of the game doesn't seem to realize this, so the status indicator goes green as if they're extended. I suspect this is where the real issue is - and it's in the game.

I suspect that what's going on is that when we tell K2D2 to Break, it will timewarp to the optimal time to begin the breaking maneuver and so if you haven't yet extended your landing gear you can get into the situation where the game won't let you. One possible way to solve this is to have K2D2 automatically extend landing gear when Break is activated before starting the timewarp. Also, the user can just extend their landing gear before hitting Break.

Edited by schlosrat