Naming ships was better in KSP1

Two things: firstly, number in the end, for me, is annoying and unwanted. And secondly, for some stupid reason KSP2 also has an annoying character limit for names which didn't exist in KSP1. The system for naming ships was already perfect in KSP1, please don't fix something that ain't broken :{

Agreed with the character limitation in ksp 1 it was 128 characters (yes it does exist) and only 30 characters in ksp2, maybe pump those numbers up

However, what do you mean by the number at the end ? I can't picture what you are talking about

On 4/6/2023 at 11:22 AM, pandaman said:

Yes.  Vessel naming is just 'broken' for want of a better word.

That is one of the apparently simple things that I'm really surprised isn't better than it is.

Yeah… I cannot rename ships from their own interfaces, map-view, tracking station… especially ‘problematic’ with stations becoming “Combined-12” or some such… I also miss being able to change the map-screen icons (probe, lander, base, station, etc.)

9 minutes ago, Flush Foot said:

Yeah… I cannot rename ships from their own interfaces, map-view, tracking station… especially ‘problematic’ with stations becoming “Combined-12” or some such… I also miss being able to change the map-screen icons (probe, lander, base, station, etc.)

Yes, in the grand scheme of things these aren't  major issues, but annoyances that I have no doubt will be addressed.  It's particularly jarring because they had them all sorted out in KSP1 and I naturally expected they would just work the same in KSP2 straight away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.