Does KSP benefit from the X3D CPUs?

Motokid600

4 hours ago, Heretic391 said:

How is everyone's performance with decoupling? Did a video on missiles and it was bad due to freezing for 5 seconds at a time.

I've got 7950x3d + 4090 + 64GB Ram 5200mhz + Samsung 990 Pro

You may have some other kind of conflict.  I've only a 3070 and a non x3d cpu - but I've never had spikes that bad.  System is way overbuilt for most applications and so should be butter smooth - unless you have some kind of errors outside of the game or an enormous mem leak. 

56 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

You may have some other kind of conflict.  I've only a 3070 and a non x3d cpu - but I've never had spikes that bad.  System is way overbuilt for most applications and so should be butter smooth - unless you have some kind of errors outside of the game or an enormous mem leak. 

Damn, at one random point, the bomb decoupling was super smooth then reverted back to bad performance so probably mem leak like you said.  Thanks for the feedback, will test around. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.