Flight Plan [0.10.6 for KSP2 v0.2.0+]

schlosrat

On 9/6/2023 at 5:42 PM, Jhaxxar said:

Also discovered that once I invoke it, I can not shut it down by clicking on the X in the top Right corner.

I was unable to duplicate this issue in 0.1.4 with FP 0.8.12. Are there any particular circumstances that might help trigger it? I tried it immediately after opening FP (works), after creating a node (works), and after creating and executing a node (works). I did this with multiple other mods loaded, but only FP was activated and displayed. The craft I was using had both Kesa and SPARK parts and was thus also using Lux's Flames and Ornaments (for the SPRAK engine plume). So, at least with these mods, I did not observe any conflicts.

The mods I have installed are the following:

• Space Warp
  • K2-D2
  • SkipSplashScreen
  • Node Manager
  • Flight Plan
  • Lazy Orbit (Boosted)
  • Resonant Orbit Calculator
  • Maneuver Node Controller
  • Community Fixes
  • Kesa
  • Lux's Flames and Ornaments
  • Configuration Manager
  • UITK for KSP 2
  • Stellar Plasma-Assisted Rocket Kinetics (SPARK)
Edited by schlosrat
fixed typo

SCHLOSRAT.....This only occurred with FP 0.8.11. I have now loaded 0.8.12 and no mor problem.  What ever happen to the Module that would launch your craft,  do staging, and put you into a circular orbit at the altitude that you wanted.  It was very handy in getting ships into orbit.

19 hours ago, Jhaxxar said:

SCHLOSRAT.....This only occurred with FP 0.8.11. I have now loaded 0.8.12 and no mor problem.  What ever happen to the Module that would launch your craft,  do staging, and put you into a circular orbit at the altitude that you wanted.  It was very handy in getting ships into orbit.

Glad to hear that 0.8.12 is working for you!

Have you looked at KS2? If a scripted approach suits you, then I think you may be able to put together a one-click-does-it-all approach to what you're looking for in KSP2. That said, I'm fairly certain that what you describe above simply isn't a thing (yet) in KSP2. If it is, then I'm unaware of the mod that will deliver all of what you're looking for in one package. I think we may yet get there as a collaboration with FP and K2-D2, but we're not there yet.

16 hours ago, Jhaxxar said:

I found Kesa and installed it but when I look in the Electrical Tab, I don't see the new parts.

For all things Kesa, I'll refer you to @JiMKesa - however, I do know that he recently split his mod into two distinct mods. One is for probe cores, and the other for solar power. Is it possible you've got just one of his mods installed and that one might be the probe parts mod?

You can find more about Jim's solar power parts mod here: 

And his probe parts mod here: 

16 hours ago, Jhaxxar said:

Is there a easy way to stop a craft's motion in relation to another craft. I have no trouble getting close to the other craft, but I still keep drifting away or the other craft drifts away. 

Generally, yes, in that it's pretty simple to use the Match Velocities maneuver option with the "at a fixed time" burn time option. What you want to do is make the craft your controlling match velocities with its target "right now please". That's one of the main things the "at a fixed time" burn time option is good for - just give it a fixed time of 0, which means do it ASAP. If you have K2-D2 installed, then you can set up the node and execute it with about three clicks. Select "Match Velocities", select "at a fixed time" (the default should be 0 seconds), and then click the K2-D2 icon to make it happen.

To do this, you do need the craft you're controlling to have the other craft as its target, which is required for the Target Relative Maneuvers tab to be available anyway. That tab will give you all the info and most of the tools you need to do this. The only other things you need are to be able to control your throttle and/or RCS, use SAS from time to time should you need it, and be able to do a precision execution of a node - which is something I recommend K2-D2 for. That said, if you're not having much trouble getting close, then I think you've likely got all of that non-FP stuff nailed down.

In the past (game version 0.1.3 and before) I've seen situations where two craft are near each other but not docked and the non-controlled craft will mysteriously "teleport" a few 10-s of meters away. I just did a nice slow easy docking in 0.1.4 where I deliberately hung out at 16m separation for a while and didn't observe this effect at all. Perhaps it got cleaned up in 0.1.4 when they were working on the orbital decay issue. If you do see this, where you've got two craft near each other and the other one will mysteriously jump a few 10's of m away from time to time, well, that's a game bug and FP can't fix it for you.

I've not seen it rear its ugly head since 0.1.4, but I've also not tested exhaustively for it, so just be aware of it. The only solution there is to get busy and get yourself docked before the other ship "teleports".

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Jhaxxar said:

Just downloaded KSP2 V1.4.1....... Is there going to be a updated Flight Plan or will current version for V1.4.0 work?

The current version does work. I'll go onto SpaceDock and mark it as such. That said, I also just did a quick Kerbin - Mun - Duna - Ike - Duna - Kerbin - Minmus - Kerbin trip and I can tell you that shakedown cruise has helped to uncover a few things I'd like to improve, so expect an update some time soon-ish here.

That said, FP 0.812 definitely does work in 0.1.4.1.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a minor niggle: When using the resonant orbit tool, you are using the semi-major axis as the altitude for synchronous orbits, not the adjusted altitude.  Haven't checked the semi-synchronous orbits, but the other altitude-related burns and calculations appear correct.

On 10/22/2023 at 5:11 AM, RaccoonTOF said:

Just a minor niggle: When using the resonant orbit tool, you are using the semi-major axis as the altitude for synchronous orbits, not the adjusted altitude.  Haven't checked the semi-synchronous orbits, but the other altitude-related burns and calculations appear correct.

Thanks for reporting on that! I'll take a look to see what's going on.

10 hours ago, Jhaxxar said:

Downloaded KSP2 V1.15.1 and Flight Plan for V1.5.1 off Space Doc but Space Warp says it is wrong version. Same for Maneuver Controller.

Yep, the SpaceWarp modlist is reporting FP is 0.9.0, when it should be 0.9.1. CKAN also shows the latest being 0.9.0. I'm sure this is just a simple problem and I can have that sorted out shortly. The much more pressing problem is that the text input fields in FP (and in Maneuver Node Controller) are currently broken. I thought UitkForKsp2 v 2.1.0 would fix that, but apparently not. Please don't click into any FP or MNC text input fields at this time with FP 0.9.1 or MNC 1.1.0. I'll be working on that, too.

7 hours ago, schlosrat said:

Yep, the SpaceWarp modlist is reporting FP is 0.9.0, when it should be 0.9.1. CKAN also shows the latest being 0.9.0. I'm sure this is just a simple problem and I can have that sorted out shortly. The much more pressing problem is that the text input fields in FP (and in Maneuver Node Controller) are currently broken. I thought UitkForKsp2 v 2.1.0 would fix that, but apparently not. Please don't click into any FP or MNC text input fields at this time with FP 0.9.1 or MNC 1.1.0. I'll be working on that, too.

Oh, that explanes those lock ups / crashes.  I won't do that till you get that fixed. And no need to look for another bug report...

Ok Flight Plan should be all set now! It’s updated to 0.9.1 for real, and - thanks to a Herculean effort on the part of @munix, the text fields are fully functional without locking up the game input! He not only got an updated UitkForKsp2 out improving things for all mods that use it, he also helped track down the specific place in FP that needed an update. It seems to be functioning fine now.

You will definitely need UitkForKsp2 v 2.1.1, and the for reals FP 0.9.1, but that should take care of it.

Fly Smart!

• 1 month later...

Just found this lovely mod after finally getting KSP2 with the For Science update going live.

Could anyone confirm for me if they have this mod working for them? Uncertain if its the patch breaking it or a PEBCAK situation I have on my hands.

45 minutes ago, Soilaq said:

Just found this lovely mod after finally getting KSP2 with the For Science update going live.

Could anyone confirm for me if they have this mod working for them? Uncertain if its the patch breaking it or a PEBCAK situation I have on my hands.

There have been a lot of reports of it not working, so most likely something in the 0.2.0 patch that broke it.

13 hours ago, munix said:

There have been a lot of reports of it not working, so most likely something in the 0.2.0 patch that broke it.

Thank you for the confirmation. 
Where have you seen those reports if I may ask? Tried to google around but didn't find much info in my attempts.

16 minutes ago, Soilaq said:

Thank you for the confirmation. 
Where have you seen those reports if I may ask? Tried to google around but didn't find much info in my attempts.

On both the IG Discord server and the KSP2 Modding Society Discord server

Last night I was unable to get Flight Plan to create a node to circulize after using K2-D2 to Lift off to 75km. This is with KSP2 For Science.  Gave me some error about invalid node from K2-D2.  I had to create the node manually and then could run it through K2-D2.  I really liked using Flight Plan, please update it to work with the new version of KSP2 For Science.

1 hour ago, pmoffitt said:

Last night I was unable to get Flight Plan to create a node to circulize after using K2-D2 to Lift off to 75km. This is with KSP2 For Science.  Gave me some error about invalid node from K2-D2.  I had to create the node manually and then could run it through K2-D2.  I really liked using Flight Plan, please update it to work with the new version of KSP2 For Science.

Lucky you, for some reason, I can't even create any nodes manually with flight plan installed. Or I'm doing something wrong (just joined KSP 2 after the 0.2.0 update and never used it before). I'm only on the starting missions now, so I can do without flight plan for a while and create my nodes manually with it uninstalled for now. But as I've become sort of a Mechjeb addict in KSP1, I will definitely need flight plan for the more advanced stuff that comes later. Well, it's a nice challenge for now, I'll try to do Mun and Minmus landings without it, let's see how far I can take it! xD

I guess an update might take a while though, schlosrat hasn't been online for two weeks now. Hope he's well!

6 hours ago, pmoffitt said:

4 hours ago, Estelyen said:

Lucky you, for some reason, I can't even create any nodes manually with flight plan installed. Or I'm doing something wrong (just joined KSP 2 after the 0.2.0 update and never used it before). I'm only on the starting missions now, so I can do without flight plan for a while and create my nodes manually with it uninstalled for now. But as I've become sort of a Mechjeb addict in KSP1, I will definitely need flight plan for the more advanced stuff that comes later. Well, it's a nice challenge for now, I'll try to do Mun and Minmus landings without it, let's see how far I can take it! xD

I guess an update might take a while though, schlosrat hasn't been online for two weeks now. Hope he's well!

Me too! both of you! I think the mod needs some more time to update the node manager to support 0.2 (Science!)...without node Manager, the flight plan will not work well...As I heavily rely on Flight plan for interplanetary transfer, even if just for Mun and Minmus...save me tons of brain cells for doing a interplanetary transfer manually..HOwever, K2-D2 still works as usual for 0.2!

I’m sorry to hear that the For Science release has broken Flight Plan. Unfortunately For Science dropped the day after I left on a three week vacation and the only computer I’ve got access to is a Mac. I will look into this and see what’s going on when I get back home, but that will not be until January 8th, so my advice is to fly without Flight Plan until after I’ve had a chance to sort this out.

If you’re having trouble making nodes at all then the problem might be Node Manager. Please let me know if you’re also possibly having issues with Maneuver Node Controller as that also uses Node Manager.