[WIP] Vilviomia-Vilvinet System Replacer Planet Mod

ffx

VERY CLEARLY TEMPORARY NAME
(Vilviomia is from a random planet name generator and Vilvinet is an edited version of Vilviomia, they are not references to anything there)

Welcome to my newest kopernicus project, which takes place in the titular Vilviomia-Vilvinet, those respectively being the larger and the smaller star within the system. This planet pack makes the kerbal start at Istratune, a large superkerbin with a 5 atm thick atmosphere and ZERO surface water, but the ksc starts roughly high enough where the atmospheric pressure is similar to Kerbin. Aside from that, its high gravity means that it takes quite a high amount of delta V to escape it's sphere of influence. This is where it's moons will help.

HISTORY

Spoiler

This all started by me making a planet pack for personal use that composes the vast majority of the worlds in this pack. That planet pack's development due of a lack of motivation to continue. After that, i made an another one from an old planet pack set in the far future, which never got far because an idea hit my head, "what if i combine both of the planet packs into one", which results in this planet pack.

WHEN RELEASE?

Spoiler

I don't know too, it might take the rest of this year, it might be in a few months, but the only thing certant is that development is happening in the background unless something gets in my way.

PLANETARY IMAGES

Spoiler

worldsofvilviomia.png

Isolated pictures of the planets in the system, currently very WIP, kerbin for scale.

PICS

Spoiler

Leuturn-Golep-moons.png

Istratune-reentery.png

Kanoth-jump.png

Istratune-sunset.png

Tiamat-view.png

Tusides.png

Istratune-night.png

Tutania.png

image.png

image.png

Chastrarvis.png

Leyrn.png

image.png

Strillion.png

Edited by ffx

I just realised that the jovians in the planetary images (Leuturn, Golep, and Ellapus) are far too cold for water clouds to form, they should look more like Jupiter or Saturn. I am changing it, along with making a new moon.

Edited by ffx

Progress is still going on, i have made two asteroids orbiting in the deep inner system. I currently don't have the will to post images there because there is a bug.

I grab the colors for my body from many diffrent planet packs, and previous bodies i made, so it might look similar at times. (I also want to make my planet pack relativly realistic, meaning that the colors couldn't be just random).

On 7/13/2023 at 3:54 PM, ffx said:

I grab the colors for my body from many diffrent planet packs, and previous bodies i made, so it might look similar at times. (I also want to make my planet pack relativly realistic, meaning that the colors couldn't be just random).

i value planet pack creators that take into account realism in their packs. keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.