Vessel *Out of fuel* Even though its not

BlueBirdAzurite

Reported Version: v0.1.3.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10GHz 4.30 GHz | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB | RAM32GB

Severity: High (Cannot continue gameplay and no workarounds found)
Frequency: Encountered a few times and seems to be random occurencies, might've happened while Undocking due to a message saying that the vessel was out of fuel (It's not).
Description: Was trying to get my kerbals back home, but when I tried to make a maneuver, I got the message saying that the vessel was out of fuel, even thought the engine still works and the tanks are full. The fuel still goes down when engine is active.

Included Attachments:

image.png.900a3a6e450129c0862569117a3ec5d7.png

KerbalSpaceProgram22023-06-3007-59-52.mp4

Edited by Anth12
Wrong tag

7 hours ago, BlueBirdAzurite said:

Severity: High (Cannot continue gameplay and no workarounds found)
Frequency: Encountered a few times and seems to be random occurencies, might've happened while Undocking due to a message saying that the vessel was out of fuel (It's not).
Description: Was trying to get my kerbals back home, but when I tried to make a maneuver, I got the message saying that the vessel was out of fuel, even thought the engine still works and the tanks are full. The fuel still goes down when engine is active.

We are looking into which category it is.
Sorry for your frustration.

Edited by Anth12
Discussing it with the developers

• 2 months later...

I can confirm this bug in 0.1.4. Cannot create a maneuver node when engine deactivated, even though I have enough fuel in the tanks. The bug is reproducible with the Terrier engine. When in orbit, after deactivating the Terrier, when I try to create a maneuver plan in Map View I get the error "Map/OutOfFuelManeuverNode". This bug seems to not be reproducible with the Poodle engine.

This might be duplicate:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/topic/218711-0-delta-v-even-though-the-tanks-are-full/

Edited by Vl3d

This happens to me every time I undock a vessel with an engine from another (eg a lander in an Apollo style mission), then redock them together when the engine is active. The dV is calculated as zero, even though the engine still works and had fuel (I can burn it). It's like the engine isn't recognised by the dV calculator. I can work around the bug by making a new stage above current one, moving the engine to it, then staging. This makes the engine become recognised by the dV calculator.