Regarding multiplayer and game longevity

Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think multiplayer for KSP2 should be a high priority?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not the best with words, so I'll get straight to my point:

I believe that the developers of Kerbal Space Program 2 should have multiplayer functionality as a higher priority than it already is.

Even in the game's current state, I believe multiplayer would be highly beneficial to the development team, as it would attract more people into the game's player base, as well as help to keep existing players invested. This means more money in their pockets and more motivation in their heads, making it much more likely that they'll be able to successfully fulfill the goals set in their roadmap, shown below:

BPQY970l.png

^ KSP2's current roadmap ^

As can be seen, multiplayer is currently at the final stage of the roadmap.

What do you guys think? Should the developers try to add multiplayer as soon as they can, or should they maintain current course?

I think that if KSP2 is going to have multiplayer, it needs to have a stable singleplayer experience first. By jumping into multiplayer before the foundation of the game is stable, it'll leave a buggy multiplayer experience and unfinished singleplayer experience.

14 hours ago, The Aziz said:

What longevity? With enough even single player gameplay, it should easily last 10 years, like the predecessor.

Only if they make frequent updates and make modding easier. KSP1 was kept alive without a major update for 3 years due to the mods and is unlikely to die anytime soon. Plus, there’s LMP and formerly DMP,  which kept the game alive through multiplayer as well

Edited by JNSQFan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.