I really don't like how KSP 2-oriented the forum is getting

Tux1

Like seriously, half of the front page is dedicated to subtopics relating to KSP 2. Meanwhile, all of the old subtopics for KSP 1 are located in a tiny little box at the bottom of the page. KSP 2 hasn't even been properly bugfixed yet, and it's practically taking over! Let's not forget that many players don't have hardware capable enough of running KSP 2, and that it's modding scene is still very much glued to KSP 1 at the moment.

Knew I remembered there being a thread for this!

Yeah, this argument has been posited from the very start. I for one think that both are pretty readily accessible. The modding subforums for KSP1 still see plenty of traffic

I'm not sure if KSP2 is currently selling more than KSP1. But reworking the forum would mean acknowledging that there will be problems with KSP2 for a long time to come.
In general, I think that it was worth making two mega-sections of the forum - for the first and second games.

2 hours ago, regex said:

Why wouldn't a company push their current game, regardless of how well it runs, instead of a product over a decade old? It's basic marketing.

This is the bottom line.   New product goes at the top of the forum.  The old stuff is still there, all the content has been saved.   Nothing is missing.  

If you'd like to continue the discussion on this, please do so in the thread linked above.