[1.12.x] Habitable Mun, Mini Kerbin

yourfriend123

So for my first mod release I have made a mod that makes the Mun have life! 

PB0q6pN.png

This does add some new things for it!

• Gave the Mun a breathable atmosphere
  • New Biome Map
  • Gave the Mun an ocean

There is Scatterer and EVE support for it too!! I really hope you guys will enjoy it!! If there is any issues then I will try my best to fix them! Be safe! 

Spoiler

zr5RUbv.png

K0aViU0.png

QUG3SBw.png

SpaceDock Link!! https://spacedock.info/mod/3467/Habitable Mun

Needs Kopernicus! :0 

License: GPLV3

Edited by yourfriend123

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I figured out the issue with EVE clouds not working properly:
The configs are set in a manner which makes EVE always try to use the volumetric configs, rather than the normal ones.

After testing with the normal EVE configs (I moved the Scatterer folder into the main WaterMun directory, and then deleted the volumetric folder since I don't have volumetric EVE to test how to fix that with), there is a small error within the texture config, which makes the clouds not work anyway:

name=BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/fair
type=TEX_CUBE_2
texN=BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/fairN
texP=BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/fairP

While it should be:

name=WaterMun/EVE/Textures/fair
type=TEX_CUBE_2
texN=WaterMun/EVE/Textures/fairN
texP=WaterMun/EVE/Textures/fairP

Additionally, Contracts and other mechanics which are for The Mun (or at least pre-existing ones) will no longer bind to The Mun, because its template was "Laythe." In order to fix this (I tested to make sure the planet had no obvious issues with this change) set the Template name in the Kopernicus config back to "Mun," and for brownie points, change the Body's name field and display name to "The Mun" like it is in the stock game.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Mjrlun
Additional info to help the mod author fix clouds with normal EVE, as well as a few other smaller issues.

• 2 weeks later...

hi i seam to have an issue where this seams to change kerbin and not the mun. the mun is still just stock however kerbin seams to form into what a habitable mun would be, any idea how to fix this? i have another mod causled habitable gilly and that one works fine?

Edited by BIGFATNCHUBBY

hi i seam to have an issue where this seams to change kerbin and not the mun, the mun is still just stock however kerbin seams to form into what a habitable mun would be, any idea how to fix this? i have another mod that makes gilly habitable and that one seams to work. i have screenshots but dont know how to link them here, i have un enabled the mod however the issue presistst, this issue only happened after i installed this mod. (sorry for any wrong spellings) 

• 2 months later...